Can I do any type of resurfacing or rejuvenation if I have sensitive skin?

I have very sensitive skin, diagnosed with allergic dermatitis. I was placed on steroids beginning with 40 mg and I hated it. I was also given preg. creme for my face which I believe changed the integrity of my skin. I have been told by 3 different dermatologists that I should not consider any type of facial resurfacing or rejuvenation because I am allergic to many produces.

Thanks for your query. I believe if you are allergic to many products then facial rejuvenation might do you more harm than good. Facial rejuvenation generally occurs with the help of lasers so it might worsen the condition.more can be commented only after examining your skin .If you have been told by 3 different dermatologist to avoid any treatments then I think you should trust them. Hope it helps.
All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Laser Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. The fact that you received the same diagnosis suggests that you may benefit from trying another route. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to determine if, in fact, facial resurfacing is right or wrong for you. Meanwhile, please list which products cause you irritation so that we can diagnose determine if any resurfacing or rejuvenation techniques will work for you.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon