Seroma after my breast augmentation?

It has been two months since my breast augmentation. I have had the inframammary incision on my right breast to rupture 3 times and drain all three times.He has sutured it every time no drain. My PS isn't giving me any answering to why it keeps rupturing. I'm a hygienist and I work with my arms about chest level. I can't afford to be out of work anymore. It's painful please give me some insight on what I need to do. I do not smoke. I have taken it easy since it started 3 weeks after my surgery.

Seroma post breaast augmentation

Check the implant that is being used. There are some patients who do not react well to textured implants. Discuss this with your surgeon and consider switching to a smooth implant. Most board certified plastic surgeons ASAPS members prefer smooth silicone implants because of their low incidence of issues. In 27 years I had no seromas with smooth implants. good luck...

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Seroma after my breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your augmentation results.  Your incision should not be splitting three separate times and I would advise having an open discussion with your surgeon about your results and the possible causes of this healing issue. If their answers are insufficient, seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.  I would be most concerned about the implant being colonized with bacteria causing recurrent infections preventing appropriate healing.  

Wound opening/Draining

It sounds as though you may have an infection and if so your implant likely needs to be removed, infection treated and your body allowed to heal completely before operating again. I would advise waiting at least 6 months. Please follow up with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person for a second opinion if you are not receiving appropriate care for this issue.

All the best

Drainage Thru Incision

this is an infection until proven otherwise .
Recommend reoperation ,  culture , wash out the pocket , watertight closure , drainage .
You may be able to  salvage the implant
Sorry to be so negative . 

Best of Luck 
Dr  JM Shamoun 

John Milam Shamoun, MD FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - incision keeps opening

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I am very sorry to hear of your problems.
  • I suspect your surgeon is not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon because he does not seem to understand what is going on.
  • If your incision keeps opening and draining fluid, you almost certainly have an infection and the implant needs to be removed.
  • That is why the incision keeps opening. 
  • II suggest that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will take better care of you.
  • Once the implant is removed, it will be several more weeks before the implant pocket has healed - you need an experienced surgeon to guide your healing.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS