Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I am 20 y/o in need of both, I want all the stretch marks to be gone and the scar to be minimal. Almost like a C-Section scar. Is this possible? Are my expectations too high? As for the Breast Augmentation I would love big round breasts but not too hard; not too mushy and as perky as possible. The belly button is important to look the same. Also what is the price that this normally runs? What is the expected recovery time? Can I go back to work after two weeks? I am a daycare teacher...

Stretch marks and mommy makeover

Thanks for your pictures and questions.  It appears that you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck.  Without pictures, it is difficult to comment on your breasts.  I do think your expectations are not realistic regarding scar length.  A longer scar than a C-section scar will be necessary to remove the majority of your stretch marks.  You will still be left with some stretch marks as you have some that extend above the belly button as well as laterally.  Returning to work in two weeks is likely but somewhat depends on your duties as a daycare teacher.  Make sure you visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to get the best advice.

Mommy Makeover question

Thanks for your questions and for sharing your photos.  I would be able to remove about 75percent of the stretch marks, except for those above your belly button.  I also have a Laser that removes stretch marks and this can be done after you have healed from the tummy tuck.  For the breast augmentation I recommend high profile silicone implants for perkiness and projection.  The cost is anywhere from $9,500 to $11,000 and we offer care credit for financing

A Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation

It's difficult to suggest without an in-person consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.

In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.  These procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation?

A short scar tummy tuck can remove the majority of stretchmarks with a shorter scar. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Maybe

You are quite young and should not do anything yet until you are sure you are not going to have any more children. While you'd like to be back to before you had stretch marks, further pregnancies can compromise anything you had done. This is for the abdomen and breasts. When it is right to proceed an abdominoplasty will dramatically improve the front but not the sides. We cannot see your breasts so no opinions can be made.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover surgery does have limitations.

I don't think that all of your stretch marks can be removed by the abdominoplasty part of a mommy makeover. Certainly the ones laterally would be impossible to remove. Nevertheless, you should expect a good result and should be able to return to work in two weeks.

Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation?

Your expectations are too high but you can still get a very nice result.  You would need an in person consultation in order to go over all your possible options.  But even with a full Tummy Tuck, all the stretch marks cannot be removed.  If you don't want a scar around, the belly button, you can do a mini tummy tuck but that will leave more stretch marks.  As far as the breast go, I cannot comment without pictures or an examination.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Stretch marks

Your stretch marks extends above the belly button. Even with full tummy tuck you will still have some stretch marks. Your expectation are too high and limitations on the type of scar and surgery makes achieving good results impossible

Nice results are possible but all the stretch marks will not disappear

You can have a mini-tuck to tighten the lower abdomen but not all of the stretch marks will disappear since your belly button will not be cut. Your incision may also be a little longer than a c-section scar since you do not want to be left with a dog ear deformity. As far as the breasts, you will need to be measured and examined so that the right implant for your body can be chosen. 

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation?

Your expectations are rather unrealistic, and can best be managed in the setting of an in person consultation and examination.

It is not possible to remove all of your stretch marks. It is not possible to accomplish much of anything through a short c-section incision. And if you want as many of the stretch marks gone as possible, you will have a scar around the navel.

Without breast photos or size and goal info, I find myself unable to comment on that aspect of your question. 

Two weeks may be enough if you do not have to do much physical work with the students (lifting and so forth). 

When you are ready for an in person consultation,RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. RealSelf also has price listings for fees pain by patients in your area. Thank you for your question, best wishes.