Had breast aug in 2001, areola incision. I have a knot on scar line & it hurts. What could be the cause?

Pain along scar line after breast augmentation in 2001

There are any number of reasons you could be feeling a knot and pain on your scar line after a breast augmentation. A physical evaluation would be necessary to identify the cause of your discomfort.  I would recommend your return to the plastic surgeon who performed your procedure or it that isn't possible make an appointment with another surgeon in your area.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cause of Scar

Hello, I wish I could tell you exactly what it could be, but, this really needs an in person evaluation. I recommend calling your plstic surgeon's office to schedule a follow up apppointment. 

Jeremy A. Benedetti, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Hypertrophic scarring?

Hello and thanks. This is suggestive of additional scarring but you should have your doctor examine your incisions and breasts. It's also possible a late suture reaction or even something more serious. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD