Could I have a seroma? (Photo)

3 weeks post op tummy tuck.. My stomach went from really hard... To semi soft in my lower abdomen..I was intimate with my husband and noticed it a couple hours after. Could I have caused some damage? I'm not sure how to tell if I have some fluid build up or if I did something to harm my TT.

After tummy tuck

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photo. Swelling is normal in the first 6 weeks after tummy tuck, if you think there was a significant change in your outcome you should contact your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Could I have a seroma?

Thank you for your picture and question. Without an in person evaluation, it is impossible to be able to diagnose you with a seroma or not. But, if something has changed with the healing of your wound and you are concerned, then you should certainly call your surgeon and schedule an appointment to be evaluated. He or she needs to examine you and advise you on how best to proceed so that your ultimate result can be optimized.Best of luck!

Swelling after tummy tuck

don't think you hurt anything, but check in with your doctor. It is still quite early and swelling takes awhile to subside.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Seroma?

You should see your surgeon if you have acute changes in how your were healing.  This would mean a larger bulge, a fluid wave, more redness, increasing pain, etc.  Your surgeon is best equipped to examined you to determine if anything of concern has developed.

Curtis Wong, MD

Possible Seroma

Healing of incisions and scars after tummy tuck can take a decent amount of time. It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle. These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard , Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.If you are feeling a leak of any sort then there may be a good reason to go directly to your surgeon to have the incision evaluated to make sure there is no infection and that healing is progressing properly. Best of luck!

Could I have a seroma?

It's difficult to say without examining you in person. I would direct this question to your plastic surgeon. The seroma is diagnosed by feeling fluid under the abdominal skin.