3 weeks post op full Tummy tuck and liposuction. I'm concerned with how it's looking. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have puckering on my sides Making it look like big love handles which I didn't have prior to surgery. My left side being worse. Took the tape off yesterday and saw the mess. My lower abdomen also is tight and pudgy. My PS said it's swelling all over and that my side would smooth out but I don't think so. Also my skin is still a bit open on my left puckered side. Looks awful. My stomach just doesn't feel like mine . any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post-Op Tummy Tuck Healing

Healing after the  #tummytuck will take time. I have my patients out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake.  I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  No lifting or straining.  At three weeks increased level of activity and full, no restrictions, at 6 weeks.My immediate advice would be to allow a little more time for the healing to progress, but if you are uncomfortable or in pain then it would be a good idea to visit your surgeon for an evaluation of the healing process.

Tummy Tuck vs Abdominoplasty

If you are 3 weeks post-op with tummy tuck/ liposuction and you are concerned how it is looking... you need to realize you are going though a healing process and things should improve, the swelling and bruising will get better. The over all shape though should have been improved compared to your pre-op picture. Most importantly you need to make sure you're talking to your physician to determined if there are limitation your tummy tuck. Some people sign up for standard and not extensive tummy tuck which in your case, perhaps your expectations have not been met cause you should have had an extended abdominoplasty. Please consult with your physician for information regarding this.

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Residuals after a tummy tuck

and you do have them and though you have swelling, you will need revisions to smooth out the ends at minimum and maybe more centrally.  At this point, focus on healing and 'getting out of the woods' so you recovery fully without problems.  Once healed (when your post-op photos are taken for comparison), you should be offered options on how to further improve your results so you should find out that the revision policy is with your surgeon.

Curtis Wong, MD

3 weeks post op full Tummy tuck and liposuction. I'm concerned with how it's looking. Any suggestions?

You still look swollen. Swelling after a tummy tuck surgery can take 1-2 months to improve. I think it's a little too early to judge your result, and the sides can flatten with time, particularly if you've had liposuction in that area.Stay in close contact with your surgeon and give yourself more time to judge your result.

Love Handles

It takes time to heal from a tummy tuck. You are definitely swollen at this time and compression garments can benefit you. Always consult with your surgeon before starting any new treatment modalities.  Allow 6 months of recovery, then evaluate if revision to correct any puckering at edges of incision is necessary.  Thanks for your question and wish you a rapid recovery.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS