How often should I be getting lip injections?

I started small with 1/4 a syringe of restalyne and added another 1/4th last week, happy with the results but wanting more volume, it's been a week, is it too soon to be getting another 1/4, is it better to get more of it at once as opposed to small portions frequently? Thanks in advance

Lip Injections and Volume

You are having such small amounts injected that I really think you would benefit by having more product injected at one time.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

How often can one get dermal fillers injected into the lips?

Thank you for sharing your question. Fillers can be injected as often as needed or desired. You can have a substantial amount injected at once or injected smaller amounts over several sessions. It is better to under-fill rather than overfill, because you can always add more. 
Good luck,

Lip injection

a quarter of a syringe is very little in the lip and you can certainly get more now. the guideline for the shape, volume and frequency of injections in the lip is really with the patient so you decide when you need to get more and how much you want

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Lip filler injections

Thank you for sharing your question. I think it is great that you are starting with such a conservative amount of filler because it is very easy to add more. Usually, I recommend allowing the filler to settle into place for 2 weeks before adding more filler. After 2 weeks, if you are still looking for more volume, I recommend following up with your injector to further discuss. Good luck.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Duration and effects of Lip Fillers

Dear khutton24:

A 1/4 of a syringe of Restylane to the lips will produce very little "fill" particularly if this includes both the upper and lower lip. Use your injectors recommendations base on the results of this first injection. 

Different fillers perform well in different parts of the lip as well. Consider what objective(s) you are trying to achieve.
  • Dry vermillion lines
  • Wet vermillion pout
  • White roll and philtral projection
  • Upper lip lines
  • Lip corners and marionette fold
Different fillers in different areas of the face have varying duration. 

For more information, please click on the link below. 

Better skilled injectors have different techniques to achieve the desires of their patients. 
Please discuss your objectives with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to achieve your best results. 

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS