Should my face show signs of peeling 34 hours post chemical peel? (Photo)

I received a chemical peel about 34 hours Ago at a medical spa close To my home. I received a few about 2 years ago at another clinic and would always peel so much which I loved!! I am concerned i may not peel very much if at all. They told me I would be a lot and showed me pics of what to expect. Do you typically peel within 34 hours of a peel?

Chemical Peel

Thank you for your question. The time to peel and the amount you will peel is dependent upon the type and depth of peel you had. It would be hard to determine without knowing what type of peel you had done. I would recommend you follow up with your provider to see which type of peel you had done and what to expect. 

Orange County Dermatologist

Should my face show signs of peeling 34 hours post chemical peel?

Hello Jessica826,

The timing of peeling following a chemical peel depends on many factors.  This includes what peel is used, how concentrated the peel was, how long the peel was left on for those that need to be neutralized, how hard the applicator was pushed when applying the solution, etc.  Without knowing any of the above it is difficult to say when you should peel.  I'd recommend you call your spa and ask them.  Depending on your needs, in the future  you may consider consulting with one of the core aesthetic physicians (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist) to see what is best for your skin. 

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon