Need an experienced plastic surgeon that has done several tummy tucks on a woman that has short torso /high waist?

I have been researching and found out that a short torso/high waist is different from the average torso full tummy tuck. Therefore I'm looking for an experienced doctor that is expert on short torso tummy tuck. Any suggestions would be helpful . Thank you!
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Experienced Plastic Surgeon and Tummy Tucks

A good place to start is with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to locate an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Visit a surgeon that has years of experience in aesthetic surgery.  

Tummy Tucks and Body sizes

A tummy tuck surgery can be performed on all types of bodies both short and long torso .  Tummy tucks are a surgery to reduce the loose and extra skin and fat.  All the skin located below the breast is removed as low a possible giving a fat tummy area. You should also expect some liposuction of your hips area to compliment the shape of your body.  This is part of operation in my practice.
At the same time you should expect your surgeon to tighten your tendons back to the muscles to reduce the chances of this happening again.  Choosing a board certified surgeon that has many photos of both short torsos with good results would be a good start to your research. 

John Ward, MD (retired)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

TT short torso

Thanks for your question, a certified Plastic surgeon is the one capable of dealing with different body types, try to get a certified plastic surgeon in your area to perform this procedure.

Regards, Dr Kemil Issa

Kemil Issa, MD

Short torso tummy tuck

An experienced plastic surgeon will know how to deal with all different body types relative to a tummy tuck. Liposuction is done in most patients in some degree of muscle tightening and skin removal are usually also done. Where the scar is located, whether or not the belly button is moved, or whether all of the skin from the lowest abdominal crease to the top of the belly button can be removed are variables that can be discussed with your plastic surgeon. I would try to find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area with experience in Abdominoplasty.Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Difficult Tummy Tuck

A board certified plastic surgeon should be able to address your specific needs. Each tummy tuck is different and addresses three main issues: skin, muscle, and fat. The amount of excess skin typically determines the length of the scar, direction (horizontal or vertical) and what needs to happen with the belly button ("floating" vs. transposing). Fat pockets can be treated with liposuction at the same time. Muscles that have spread apart can be corrected with internal stitches to retighten them. In our practice, no two tummy tucks are the same, each is tailored to your specific anatomy and your goals. The terms "mini" and "full" tummy tuck are often used to refer to some aspects of the spectrum of abdominoplasty.

#PlasticSurgeon for #TummyTuck

Hello corehelp. Thanks for your question. Look for surgeons with good results by exploring their before and after photos. Decide what you like in terms of results, incisions and body shape. In my photo gallery, we share the height and weight of patients and other important aspects of surgery planning. Then consider costs last. Quality first. It might be helpful for you th share photos so we know what you mean by "short torso" tummy tuck. 

The very best, 

Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Thank you for your question.  I am attaching below a link to the american society of plastic surgery website that will allow you to find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area with whom you can have a consultation.  The surgeon should be able to demonstrate to you prior tummy tuck cases that they have performed as example cases.  

Tummy tuck on short waist

The Brazilian Lipoabdominoplasty addresses this problem by liposuctioning and thinning the entire abdominal wall tissue and flanks therefore creating a natural inward curve between the rib cage and the pelvis creating pleasing contour in the short waist. Of course the excess skin and fat is removed as in a standard abdominoplasty however the Brazilian scar is much shorter and the skin flap is healthier because the blood vessels have not been severed. The Lipoabdominoplasty has fewer complications and shorter recovery. Best wishes.  

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Sorry that I cannot provide you with specific names but I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
 I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.