Is there a way to make my breast more even and fix rippling in cleavage area? 6 months post op. (Photo)

Age 30/ 125 lbs 500 cc Submuscular High profile silicone implants 6 months post op. My concern is the difference between the size of the two breast as well as the rippling and pain in the left breast can this be fixed?Or is this the best result I can get?

Is there a way to make my breast more even and fix rippling in cleavage area? 6 months post op.

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please follow up with your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Asymmetry

it seems like you had very similar breasts before surgery, and if two identical implants were used your breasts should not look this different.  This is best assessed in person as the photos are not sufficient.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

6 months post op

Thank you for the question and photos. I recommend that you have this examined by your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible. There doesn't appear to be a good reason for the asymmetry you are experiencing.

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Different size breasts

From the photos you have included, your preoperative photo does not show the degree of asymmetry that the postoperative one for us. I would be concerned that there is some fluid accumulation around the right breast contributing to both the wrinkling and the increase in size. An ultrasound done in the office can sort this out quite readily. I recommend you go back to your operating surgeon to discuss. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

The pre-operative asymmetry does not look pronounced enough to explain the asymmetry you have currently.  I would discuss with your surgeon the possibility of fluid accumulation around the implant on the right, especially if it has gotten progressively worse.  An ultrasound would answer the question.  Definitely get with your surgeon to discuss possible solutions.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Preop asymmetry as well as technique/implant are reasons for outcome

thanks for your question and the photos. Looking critically at your preop photos you had an asymmetry in volume and fold location. The very large implant size makes it hard to fit in this pocket and makes an asymmetry very pronounced. The rippling is probably because the implant cannot spread out adequately in the small diameter pocket. Hopefully you and your surgeon can decide what is best for you. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD