Is it possible for me to get perkiness with just a breast lift or would I need implants? (Photos)

I'm trying to accomplish the look in the swimsuit photos

Perkiness typically refers to nipple/areolar position

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for your question and images.  As you described in your statement (and from viewing your images) a breast lift alone should give you the desired result.  Implants will give one typically a fuller upper breast area- however in your case it appears that you have sufficient breast tissue that a lift alone would give you a more youthful (perky) positioning of your nipple area, and also provide an enhanced upper pole fullness.  Also keep in mind that if you so desire a breast augmentation after your lift, it can be readily performed afterwards.

Sergio P. Maggi, MD, FACS

Austin Plastic Surgery Center

Do I need an implant or only a lift.

The picture shows that your breasts are large and not very hollow in the upper poles. I think a breast reduction and lift should give you very good results. I can use your own breast tissue to augment the upper poles as shown on the video that I am including. 

Breast lift alone or add implants too?? Ask Dr Ellen

Always a tough decision!

You have a substantial amount of breast tissue, so a lift alone will reshape your breasts, raise their position and snug up the soft tissue envelope to a rounder, less elongated shape.  However, the lift won't give you the look that your wish photos show.

The combination procedure will provide greater fullness and reflect the shape of the implant.  My guess is that your wish photos both have implants.  If that's the look you desire, adding implants is the way to go.

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift alone or lift with implants

To achieve upper breast fullness and more cleavage a breast lift with implants is the way to go.  Implants will support your breast tissue and skin and improve the shape and projection of your breasts. A breast lift alone will simply lift the breast and improve the relationship of the nipple areala and the breast, centrally locating it and creating a more youthful appearance. 

Best Wishes 

Nick Masri, MD

Perky Breasts do I pump it up or just lift it

We frequently have patients ask should I get a lift or implants and a lift.  A good way to help sort out the issue is to look at yourself in a bra without any padding.  If you like the volume of your breasts when the bra is lifting them and you don't wish that they were more full then you will probably be fine with just a lift. However, if you lift them with a bra and they still don't seem as full as you wish then you should consider adding an implant as well.  It adds a little complexity and risk when you do both procedures at once but many plastic surgeons are comfortable doing this.  If you are really unsure then you can do just the lift and see how it works out but that would likely increase the total cost to some degree if you do the implants at a second stage.  Another consideration is that if you add implants that are too large then you will increase the rate that your breasts begin to droop again.  

The pictures that you show have a lot of fullness in the upper pole of the breast and this will be difficult to achieve long term without adding an implant.  However, in these pics some of their appearance may be due to the support provided by a bra. The lift will significantly improve the overall appearance and shape of the breast but will not reliably give long term improvement to the upper pole volume of the breast without a good supportive bra.  You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon and bring some of your wish pictures to help understand what your goals are.  

Best of Luck, 

Jonathan Amspacher, MD

Director of Plastic Surgery

Mosaic Life Care

Jonathan Amspacher, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible for me to get perky breasts with just a breast lift or would I need implants?

Thank you for your question. A breast lift alone will improve the position of your nipple and lift the breast. However if you want to achieve the fullness of the breast thank you show your desired photos then you'll need implants in addition to a lift. Please read below

Breast lift with implants?

A breast lift alone would improve you a lot and add perkiness. However I think you will need an implant to give you the upper pole roundness and perkiness you are looking for. Good luck.

Can I get a perky look without implants

hi and thank you for the question. You have a lot of breast tissue to work with. With a good breast lift you should be able to receive a very nice outcome. I would start with that. If you still want more fullness in the upper poll of the breast as well as more cleavage,  you could always add small implants during a second surgery. With breasts your size this can be difficult to do in one step. Best of luck to you. 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or breast lift with breast implant?

Your photos reveal significant sag of your breasts and a loss of superior fullness. A small breast reduction or a breast lift will treat the bottom of your breast but it will not add anything to the top of your breast (upper breast fullness). The purpose of the breast implant is to give overall improved shape to the new breast, add superior breast fullness and to adjust the breast size to your preference. The combination of the two procedures is very powerful in transforming a saggy breast into a youthful looking one. It requires a high level of surgeon skill and experience to get it right. My recommendation would be to seriously consider the combination in order to achieve your goal.

Is it possible for me to get perkiness with just a breast lift or would I need implants?

Thank you for your question and photos.

There are several variables to be considered when answering this question. It is always difficult to make a diagnosis on photos alone, but you do appear to be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. When you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon, they will perform a set of measurements that will help determine whether or not a lift is necessary and what approach they will take. This will determine the type of incisions you will have. Another variable that needs to be discussed is what you are wanting. If you are wanting a fuller upper pole to your breast, then an implant will be necessary.  If you are just wanting the breasts to be a little perkier and don't mind the size, then only a lift is necessary. And to have the nipple in proper position over the implant, may require a lift. I hope this is helpful

Jon Kurkjian, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon