Looking for advice on what procedures will help my body? (photos)

I am a 27 year old mom and babies and breastfeeding have taken a toll on my body. I was hoping a breast augmentation and a reverse abdominoplasty or thermage would correct my issues but I need professional advice? I'd really like to avoid a breast lift and full abdominoplasty. I don't need to be rock hard just less skin and sagging in my breasts and stomach would be nice. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Mommy Makeover Procedures

Pregnancy along with aging result in weight fluctuations that can have a substantial impact on a woman’s body. It may cause loss of volume in areas such as breasts and buttocks and even affect the fat distribution in the face. You are still young and should be able to achieve desired results with combined mommy makeover procedures. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. Once you consult with a live surgeon you will be able to confirm which breast procedure will best provide the results you would like, with or without a lift. Best of luck to you.

Rejuvenating breasts and abdomen.

A breast augmentation will give you a bigger version of the breasts that you have now.  If you are OK with the position of your breast/nipple and only want additional volume then an augmentation would be a good solution.  If you want the breast/nipple to be higher and more perky then only a lift will accomplish that.  An examination would allow your doctor to see where your nipple sits in relation to the fold under your breast and see if a lift would be in your best interest.  A reverse abdominoplasty places a scar in a poor location and is usually reserved for massive weight loss patients.  It does not correct the lax skin in the lower abdomen.  A traditional abdominoplasty can place the incision line in an area which is very well hidden and can improve the whole abdominal contour.  Thermage is of little to no benefit and I would not recommend this.  A detailed consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be of great benefit to you.

Reverse TT and nonsurgical abdominal skin tightening aren't suitable

Thanks for pics. #Reverse TT is frequently offered to massive weight loss patients because their skin laxity often includes the "midriff" (area above the belly button).  Scars which cross the high midline around the rib cage can become hypertrophic, so although redraping the skin upwards might seem logical because the extent of skin tightening can be limited because the abdominal flap is still tethered to the umbilicus and the resultant scar may be objectionable.  #Thermage and other RF devices will not create sufficient collagen stimulation to "lift" skin off the face.  
From the profile pics, #"sagginess" in your breast appears to be a function of the loss of your upper pole.  Your nipple is close to the IMC (where the breast joins the chest wall), so an anatomical silicone implant could restructure.  On the other hand, if you desire an extremely round and full upper pole, better to consider a short-scar mastopexy and implant.  

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Mommy makeover

Thanks for the question.  Its hard to say based on these two photos, but unfortunately I think you are probably going to end up needing implants, a lift, and a full tummy tuck to get the results you want.  The loose skin in the abdomen can only be addressed with a tummy tuck.  You MIGHT get away without a breast lift, but based on how your skin elasticity looks, just an implant will probably not look right and lead to worsening of the sagging over time.  

Good Luck

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Looking for advice on what procedures will help my body?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, a standard tummy tuck would be good, not a reverse one as it wouldn't sufficiently address the loose skin at the lower abdomen.  Thermage won't help much and would be a waste of money here.  Implants for the breasts would be good; unlikely to need a lift but you need an exam to be certain.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Looking for advise on what procedures will help

Looking at your pictures I would recommend a tummy tuck, and an augmentation with a full lift.   The tummy tuck procedure would correct the loose skin and stretch marks(tighten muscle if needed) and give you a very nice correction.  You can do just a breast lift, but an implant will give you fullness and a pretty shape.     You appear to be an excellent candidate for these procedures, I think a non- surgical option would leave you very disappointed.   Good Luck 

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Looking for advise on what procedures are best for my body?

Thank you for your question. I would definitely not recommend a reverse tummy tuck in your case. In order to address the loose-stretch marked lower abdominal skin a standard bikini line tummy tuck would be ideal. Thermage would provide no real benefit for these abdominal issues. In reference to the breasts, a thorough breast examination is necessary to determine whether or not you could get by with a breast augmentation alone compared with a breast lift. Best of luck!

Mommy Makeover Options

Good afternoon. Great question and thank you for the photos.

You probably won't be surprised to learn that this is a very typical situation - a young busy mom, who wants good, predictable results with minimal down time and surgical scars.

Here's some direction that I give all my new patients whom I'm meeting for the first time - rather than focus on procedures that you hope to have, first start with results you hope to achieve. A face to face encounter with a certified plastic surgeon will be extremely informative. That way you can balance your goals with the treatment options available for you.

For what it's worth - I suggest that an augmentation (round device) will likely be appropriate for you. I would counsel against a reverse abdominoplasty as the incision has a tendency to thicken and it doesn't work very powerfully on the central abdominal skin and stretch marks. Thermage will not be powerful enough to reduce the stretch marks and tighten the skin adequately. In short an abdominoplasty is likely your best option for your tummy.

Ulitmately you will be making the decisions but your Plastic Surgeon will be there to help guide you along the way.

All the best with your search.

Dr Nodwell

Trefor Nodwell, MD
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over best procedures?

Thank you for your helpful photos.

Your side view suggests you do not need a lift - just implants but an exam is needed to be sure.

You truly need a tummy tuck. A reverse tuck will not improve the areas of pregnancy damage which are low on the abdomen. Thermage cannot tighten the stretched and damaged skin -- it has lost its elasticity 

Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Advice for post-pregnancy surgery

Based on your photos you are an excellent candidate for a mastopexy (perhaps with an implant if you desire extra volume) and a standard full abdominoplasty.  With these procedures performed by a skilled, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, you can expect a dramatic improvement in your breasts and abdomen.  Unfortunately, you are a really poor candidate for Thermage, and/or a reverse tummy tuck -- you will spend a lot of money and time and still not be happy with your abdomen.  Milder procedures may sound like a good idea, but are rarely your best bet except in unusual circumstances.