I had a front middle tooth crown for 5 years. (Photo)

The crown came off and the dentist tried two or three times again, last with a titanium post. He said get braces. The lower tooth may be hitting the top tooth, but he shaved it down slightly to not hit it. Another dentist says he can make a custom titanium post and crown it since the old one was not correctly done. He didn't think the lower tooth is an issue. I would also need a root canal. Or the other option is an implant. I'm 67 years old. What is best, crown or implant?

Front tooth, what are my options

Based on the informations that you provided, I think the best option would be to place a dental implant.  The tooth has already had a lot of work done and will require more and there is no guarantee that the work will last  for an extended period of time.  An implant will be there forever.  Good luck

Philadelphia Dentist

Looks to be a pretty unrestorable tooth

Trying to save your tooth at this point by the method you described sounds too heroic and would probably have a poor long term prognosis.  I feel you would be best served by extraction and implant with crown at this point.  You may end up paying to treat this apparently hopeless tooth twice if you choose to try to save by the method listed.Douglas Jopling, DDSDallas, Texas area

Implant?

More information is needed to give you a specific answer. Implants are the gold standard. An implant will also be a more final answer. With the root canal and post there will be more maintainance which in the long run will cost more money. I suggest the implant is probably your best choice.

Options for front tooth: implant or crown? #DrSoftTouch

Your best option at this point would be removing the tooth and replacing it with an implant.  The tooth has already had a lot of work done and there is no guarantee that the root canal and new crown will last for an extended period of time. I hope this helps, but feel free to follow me on RealSelf if you have more questions in the future.