I saw a plastic surgeon yesterday to examine my breast for a reduction - choices.

He told me I had two choices leave them or since they are big and saggy they would need a nipple graph with the reduction and said they would look very ugly and awful. Is that my only option? I want them smaller but to look nice.

Breast reduction

I rarely have to perform a free nipple graft for a breast reduction, but you would have to be seen in person to determine what is appropriate.  

Breast reduction

Something doesn't fit together in this question. Pictures would make all the difference in the world. Sounds like you are the right patient for either  lift alone or reduction which includes lift.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction options

Thank you for your question. Without examining you in person, I cannot make recommendations as to which type of breast reduction surgical techniques will be best for you. However, plastic surgery and breast reduction are not about making you look "ugly and awful," they are about making you look your best, and more importantly feel your best! I strongly encourage you to consult with a couple more board-certified plastic surgeons who specialize in breast reduction procedures to get a second opinion. You should be able to have smaller breasts that look beautiful. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Needs Evaluation

Best to seek out some other board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Other physicians may feel fine with non-grafting techniques for breast reduction.

I saw a plastic surgeon for breast reduction.

Thank you for the question. You may wish to add photographs to your next post for more precise advice.  Generally speaking,  the vast majority of patients seeking breast reduction surgery do not require free nipple grafting.

My best advice: seek consultation with a few well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. During this consultation process, you will be able to see if a consensus develops.  Ultimately, it will be important that you select a surgeon who you feel comfortable can achieve an outcome that you will be happy with.  Scratch the plastic surgeon off your list who feels that the outcome will be "ugly and awful". Best wishes.