Sharp pain in reconstructed breast. Can I have my implants changed?

It's been 15 years since my mastectomy and reconstruction. I've had sharp pains on and off for a few years. Now it's become constant and quite painful. I'm 64 years old. Can I have my implants changed?

Doctor Answers 1

Breast reconstruction revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you are having pain like that you should be seen and examined by a Plastic Surgeon.  The implant itself, the capsule around the implant or both maybe the issue.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.