I'm strongly considering rhinoplasty to straighten my crooked nose. What would you suggest in terms of procedure? (photo)

I broke my nose 8 years ago and a doctor fixed it. Unfortunately, due to some martial arts sparring a solid blow to the nose caused my nose to be crooked again. What would you suggest? I am considering getting this improved via rhinoplasty at the end of this year. Thanks:)

I'm strongly considering rhinoplasty to straighten my crooked nose. What would you suggest in terms of procedure?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for crooked and broken nose

The rhinoplasty procedure would involve medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones to  straighten them and make them more symmetrical. Any other dorsal humps can also be shaved down at the same time. 

You will need an exam to make a determination about what procedures would be most effective.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Procedure to Treat Broken, Deviated Nose

The best thing you can do is select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. I repeatedly say that a patient should pick the surgeon, not the procedure.