How Did I Go from a Strong Nose to a Weak Nose? Can It Be Revised?

I had a long, elegant nose and I was just wanting it to be a bit slimmer. I had rhinoplasty and ended up with a short, piggish, stubby, bulbous nose. I now look so horrible and unattractive. I look like a little pig. How did this happen? Can I go back to the nose that I originally wanted or at least my nose? I am looking for the most qualified person who is willing to rid me of the nightmare I've been in for 9 months. I am too scared to go back to the original doctor as he did something completely different.

Doctor Answers 3

Restoring nasal structure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Shortened nose can be reconstructed with cartilage grafts to restore a more natural appearance - many times rib and/or ear grafts are needed

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 231 reviews

Rhinoplasty and Revision rhinoplasty should be about maintaining and restoring structure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Rhinoplasty is often considered one of the most difficult procedures in cosmetic surgery. To quote one of our teachers, it is an easy operation to perform, but hard to get consistently good results. It is important to seek out a revision specialist to restore shape and length to your nose. The key to this procedure is using cartilage grafts from your own nose, sometimes your ear or even a rib to create strength and structure.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 141 reviews

Revising Weak Nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Refer back to the answers you were given when you submitted the same question in a different format on the same day. You will probably need cartilage grafts to restore length, support, and definition to your nose.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.