I am wondering what is a better option to fix my lopsided smile. Botox or fillers? (Photo)

I have been told that injecting Botox under the nostrils would help with the lips being lopsided however since reading the other Q&A's some doctors are recommending fillers instead. I am not to worried about the volume of my lips more the lip line shape itself.

I am wondering what is a better option to fix my lopsided smile. Botox or fillers

Thank you for your question.  Everyone is asymmetrical and I would not do anything for you at this time. Best Wishes.

Botox and fillers for asymmetry of lips.

Asymmetry  is very common and normal.  You have very pretty lips and mouth. If this asymmetry bothers you a small amount of filler like Juvaderm or Restalyne can be injected to add more balance.  Juvaderm and Restalyne are hylauronic acids  and can be dissolved if you do not like the results.   Thank you for your question and then photos.

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Botox for smile asymmetry

Since Botox only takes a couple weeks to take full effect, and the amount that you would use to address the asymmetry is very small, this may be a more cost-effective way to try first. Otherwise you can use fillers to help lift the corner of the mouth.

Botox or Fillers for Lip asymmetry.

Dear bec2303:

Thank you for sharing your photos!

Our bodies and faces are not symmetrical and this is normal! I can appreciate your desire for symmetrical improvements and enhancements but not for the side-effects and risks associated with Botox and Fillers to achieve symmetry of your lips.

While limited, your photos show asymmetry of your jawline and cheeks as well. Your lips are well aligned with these normal variations. 

I do recommend you seek consultation from a well experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or ENT Facial Surgeon to evaluate you and your desires and make his or her best recommendations for YOU. 

All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Lopsided smile

The best solution to this problem is Botox. Just be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and is experienced in the use of the material

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Fixing your smile with injections

It appears from your smile that you might benefit from Juvederm in that area.  I would not advise you to get Botox in that area.  Please consult with an experienced injector so that the results are youthful and natural.

Botox vs Filler for lopsided smile

Thank you for your question, but I am having some trouble understanding what you mean by a lopsided smile.  From your photos you have pretty good symmetry of your lips, save your upper lip volume being slightly unbalanced.  Ultimately, though, the decision shouldn't be yours; you should consult with a well trained and experienced physician injector who can evaluate your concern and propose to you the best possible solution based upon their expertise. A good physician will know which product will fix your concern. Best of luck to you!

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon