I am 12 days post op tummy tuck and my belly button looks weird.

Belly button is almost shut due to tummy swelling but if opened looks red and maybe pussy (no smell that i have detected) with possibly 2 small holes towards the top right side. Very hard to see in there. Tummy swelling was a lot better a few days ago but is now getting bigger and tighter. Should i be worried?

12 days post op

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

To reduce the swelling, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If the fter six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Your bellybutton after a tummy tuck

You can expect to have very significant swelling at this point postoperatively. This will always distort the bellybutton to some extent. It is best to have your plastic surgeon  evaluate the situation and let you know their expectations as far as what the final results will be.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Belly button

Always report new findings to your surgeon. The belly button does take time to look normal and can take up to 3-6 months to heal fully.  Best wishes.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Post tummy tuck bellybutton

It will take some time for your bellybutton to heal and look normal, however, if it is red and swollen or you are having any symptoms of infection, you should visit your plastic surgeon. Another round of antibiotics may be in order or just simply cleaning it a few times per day and applying antibiotic ointment could do the trick. Swelling will come and go post abdominoplasty for a few months, but excessive swelling where you can visibly see fluid accumulation should also warrant a visit back to your surgeon's office.

Clayton L. Moliver, MD