I'm 5'7.5 118lbs, going for breast augmentation on Nov 4th. Have my fitting in Monday October 24th. Recommendations? (Photos)

The first two pictures are me, the third is close to what I want to have. I want them to look natural. I'm a 32 a cup currently. What would you all recommend?

I'm 5 foot 7.5 , 118 pounds...

Be sure that you try on different sizes that you're thinking. Hearing what you want along with that picture makes me think that you will find something in the high 300 range. Good luck!

Size and natural breast augmentation

Hi and thank you for your question.

From your photos, it appears you have quite an athletic frame with good muscle volume, but small breast tissue.  This is quite common, but you have to understand it will be challenging to get the same look as the woman in the photo.  

As others have said, the implant size will be largely based on your measurements, chest width and breast footprint on your chest.  Additionally, you seem to have very tight and youthful skin envelope which is a great starting place for breast augmentation.  However it will limit the size and the amount of stretch that your skin will allow in achieving a natural result.  The larger the implant, the more the skin will need to stretch/accommodate, and the more bubbly and implanted it will look.  This isn't a bad thing, but you should look at before and after photos from  your local surgeon for patients who have athletic and muscular chests like yourself.

Additionally, I think your nipples are slightly widely spaced, meaning that the implants may exacerbate the problem if placed too medially to give cleavage.  If the implants are placed centered on the nipple/areola, the shape and nipple position may be more acceptable, but it will be a little more challenging to get deep midline cleavage.  Again, I would discuss with your surgeon and see if they have any additional thoughts.

I hope that's helpful.

Christopher C. Chang, MD

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400-450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Questions about #breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery and #breastimplants

Hi Katmck, Thank you for your question and photos.  Without the benefit of an in person exam it's impossible to say what style, size and shape implant we would recommend for you.  We would urge you to seek the advice of a breast implant specialist who is at the very least a board certified plastic surgeon and also a member of the ASPS and ASAPS.  In our clinic we offer 3-D imaging and an implant "try on" session to give our patients an idea of their final result. Understand that with any plastic surgery the results take their shape after time and you may not see your final result until 3--6 months after surgery.  Be sure to communicate openly with your plastic surgeon. I hope this is helpful.  --Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Natural Result

You have a special consideration if you are trying for a natural result: you are under-weight for your height.  That increases the challenge for a natural result.  Would it be possible for you to gain some weight before your surgery?

As for recommendations beyond that, you need to get those from your chosen surgeon and not from doctors who don't know you and have not examined you (that is what the consult is all about).

Best of luck for a successful outcome!

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations.  It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like.  Best wishes!

Implant selection

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine what volume and shape would be good for you. Best of luck.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You can achieve larger breasts like your cosmetic goals with a breast augmentation. I would recommend that you discuss the implant size with your board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements to recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suit your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Size

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to make a recommendation about size of implants without a proper consultation. Many board certified plastic surgeons offer technology that can do 3D simulation breast imaging so patients can view outcomes not only related to their breasts, but to the entire body as well. I recommend discussing these options with your board certified plastic surgeon, who can individualize your treatment plan.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Size?

It is important to convey to your surgeon your desired size. While fittings with various implants is helpful, I find it most useful to ask patients to show me photos of breasts they desire. It removes all doubts. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about the subject. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD