Do I have tubular breasts? (photos)

I've always been insecure about my breasts. They have always been small I'm not even sure what size cup I am, sometimes in an A sometimes it's a B. I never understood why I'm so small because my mom wears a 40DD bra. Lately I've been hating myself a lot because of my breasts. I hide them from my fiancé and it upsets him but I can't help it.. I'm 20 years old and I want to fix them now. Would I have to get implants or no? Please help.

Tuberous breasts

Asha,

Thanks for your question and for including a couple of photos.

Yes, you have a mild form of tubular breasts with pouty areolas.  A breast augmentation with scoring of a portion of the breast tissue should give you very nice results.

Best of luck.

Dr. T 

Unhappy with breasts

Thank you for your question and pictures.   Yes, it looks like you have a bit of a tuberous breast and you also appear to be a great candidate for breast augmentation.  

Some general advice I give patients regarding breast surgery:

1. Select a board certified plastic surgeon that you can communicate with comfortably to establish your desired look.

2. Establish that your plastic surgeon has your best interest in mind and make sure that they can explain your procedure to you in a way that makes sense and makes you comfortable. I want my patients to walk out of my consults and feel like they “get it” with respect to their surgical plan. I want to make sure that my patients can understand what a specific implant may deliver in regard to their results. This is common when we are trying to determine the size a patient desires, and also whether or not to select a shaped highly cohesive implant compared to a round silicone gel or saline implant.

3. Make sure that you understand what to expect in terms of your recovery and postoperative instructions. In my practice I give my patients additional instructions and tools to help them recover. In addition, I follow all of my patients closely after surgery and visit with them at 1 week and 3 weeks after surgery to make sure they are healing as expected.

Wishing you confidence and happiness with whatever decision you make.  Enjoy this time before you get married too :) 

Cheers and best wishes!
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breast

In my opinion you do have features of tuberous breast. I would recommend evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation and options for correction and treatment. Good Luck. 

Tubular

Based on these photographs, you do appear to have a mild variant of tuberous breasts. Breast implants would be an effective treatment to help normalize your breast shape. Other maneuvers such as areolar reduction and base scoring are sometimes necessary in addition to implants, but your case is fairly mild and might not require all of these things.  You should seek consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to be examined in person.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Hello and thanks for your question.  Normally, a tuberous has these characteristics:

1) Puffy or herniated areola.
2) Widely spaced breasts.
3) High breast fold.
4) Constricted lower pole or deficient tissue in lower part of the breast.
5) Minimal breast tissue.
6) Narrow base or small "footprint" of the breast.

I can see in your photos that you have 4 out of the 6 major characteristics and so I do believe you have tuberous breasts!  Breast implants and breast surgery can help to improve the situation. For more information on breast implants, see the link below:

Best wishes awlays, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Do I have tubular breasts?

It does appear you have some degree of tubular breasts with a constricted base and enlarged areola that look as if some breast tissue may be herniating through. Best to get seen by a board certified plastic surgeon who takes the time to properly evaluate and measure you and recommend the best procedures for you. Often, treatment involves breast augmentation +/- circumareolar lift/areola reduction. Good luck!!

Tubular Breasts

You have a mild form of tubular, constricted, breasts that would benefit from a breast augmentation procedure.  While breast augmentation is a straight forward procedure in most people, it requires much more finesse and experience placing implants in patients with tubular breasts since the position of the implant and the lowering of the breast fold is more difficult and critical in forming a pleasant shape.   Make sure you find someone who has experience doing many of these.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tubular breasts?

Based on your photographs alone, you appear to have a mild form of tuberous breasts.  You need to arrange an in person consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon for a formal evaluation and discussion of the options available to achieve the results you desire.  In some cases, a breast augmentation alone can achieve great results, and in some cases other surgical approaches are required to achieve a natural result.  The good news is that if you would like to make a change to your breast shape and size, there are options available to you.

Are my breasts normal?

Many thanks for posting your question

Whilst your breasts do have features of mild tuberous breast, your overall shape is good.

If you are keen to change their shape, your options include fat grafting (as long as you have enough fat elsewhere to use) or the use of an implant. You are likely to benefit from a circumareolar mastopexy too - a breast tightening procedure that will help to reduce the puffiness of the nipples

I hope this helps, and good luck

Visit a PS

Thank you for the question. It would be difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination but it looks like you have symptoms of tuberous breasts. Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS