Do I have tubular breasts? (photos)
Doctor Answers 25
Thanks for your question and for including a couple of photos.
Yes, you have a mild form of tubular breasts with pouty areolas. A breast augmentation with scoring of a portion of the breast tissue should give you very nice results.
Best of luck.
Unhappy with breasts
Some general advice I give patients regarding breast surgery:
1. Select a board certified plastic surgeon that you can communicate with comfortably to establish your desired look.
2. Establish that your plastic surgeon has your best interest in mind and make sure that they can explain your procedure to you in a way that makes sense and makes you comfortable. I want my patients to walk out of my consults and feel like they “get it” with respect to their surgical plan. I want to make sure that my patients can understand what a specific implant may deliver in regard to their results. This is common when we are trying to determine the size a patient desires, and also whether or not to select a shaped highly cohesive implant compared to a round silicone gel or saline implant.
3. Make sure that you understand what to expect in terms of your recovery and postoperative instructions. In my practice I give my patients additional instructions and tools to help them recover. In addition, I follow all of my patients closely after surgery and visit with them at 1 week and 3 weeks after surgery to make sure they are healing as expected.
Wishing you confidence and happiness with whatever decision you make. Enjoy this time before you get married too :)
Cheers and best wishes!
Steven Camp MD
You might also like...
Do I have tuberous breasts?
1) Puffy or herniated areola.
2) Widely spaced breasts.
3) High breast fold.
4) Constricted lower pole or deficient tissue in lower part of the breast.
5) Minimal breast tissue.
6) Narrow base or small "footprint" of the breast.
I can see in your photos that you have 4 out of the 6 major characteristics and so I do believe you have tuberous breasts! Breast implants and breast surgery can help to improve the situation. For more information on breast implants, see the link below:
Best wishes awlays, Dr. ALDO
Do I have tubular breasts?
You have a mild form of tubular, constricted, breasts that would benefit from a breast augmentation procedure. While breast augmentation is a straight forward procedure in most people, it requires much more finesse and experience placing implants in patients with tubular breasts since the position of the implant and the lowering of the breast fold is more difficult and critical in forming a pleasant shape. Make sure you find someone who has experience doing many of these.
Do I have tubular breasts?
Are my breasts normal?
Whilst your breasts do have features of mild tuberous breast, your overall shape is good.
If you are keen to change their shape, your options include fat grafting (as long as you have enough fat elsewhere to use) or the use of an implant. You are likely to benefit from a circumareolar mastopexy too - a breast tightening procedure that will help to reduce the puffiness of the nipples
I hope this helps, and good luck
Visit a PS
An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.