Do I need a Breast Lift or Breast Lift With Implants? (photo)

Breast lift with implants

You certainly have enough volume for a lift alone, to improve symmetry and provide a tighter higher look, at the expense of scars.  An implant can be considered, primarily to go larger.  If you are unsure, you can always do the lift now, and add implants at a second stage procedure at a later date.  Consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon is recommended.

Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lift. Or Lift With Implants

You have to decide if you are happy with your size.  Implants add volume, and breast lift changes the shape.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Question the Need of Breast Lift with Implants - See Intended Results

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast swithout reducing their size. It is used for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy. This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy.  The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. 

#FatGrafting is another option to using #breastimplants and requires a small amount of liposuction to obtain the fat which is the prepared and transferred to the breast. 

A hybrid operation may use both an implant and fat to provide the best contours of the lifted breast.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Implants with no lift is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and droopier.  They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight.  The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble.

If the nipples are in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping, an implant may be useful.

Breast lift with implants?

A breast lift alone would nicely improve shape with less skin on skin or possibly no skin on skin.  It would not add anything to the hollow above though.  If you can tolerate being a little larger, a small implant would nicely fill the hollow at the same time as the implant.  A vertical breast lift is most effective, with less likely scar, more projection and some narrowing of the breasts.  It also allows more versatility in removing tissue at the same time, as you may have difference in volume.  I hope you find this information helpful.

Thomas Hubbard, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Given the volume of breast tissue that you have, I think a breast lift alone is all that is required to rejuvenate your breasts. This surgery would move the nipples higher on the breast mound, and tighten the skin envelope, resulting in perkier, more youthful appearing breasts. It could also help address some of the asymmetry that you appear to have in the center photo. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an examination and good luck! 

Salem Samra, MD
Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a Breast Lift or Breast Lift With Implants?

This is decision that only you can make. If you desire a larger size of breasts, then you would need a lift and an implant. A lift alone will correct the laxity in the breasts and can help with the asymmetry as well. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

You would be as flat over your upper poles after a breast lift as before. There are surgeons who claim that they can increase upper pole fullness by moving breast tissue during a lift. I do not believe that this is consistently achievable. For this reason I rarely carry out breast lifts without placing at least a small implant. Patients are typically much happier with the lift when they see improved fullness of the upper breast. All the best.

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi Chrissy, Please put an index card in your breast fold.  If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision.  If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane.  Please see the web reference and video reference below. Be sure to seek a consultation with a BC PS to be sure.  Also, see the video below.  All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Implants needed?

Thanks for your question and photos.   The answer will really depend on your goals.  You appear to have ample breast volume, so a mastopexy alone can give you nice shape and better nipple and gland position.   Unfortunately, mastopexy procedures fall short on providing long term upper pole fullness.  If you really desire a full upper breast, then you could consider an implant for the fullness and a breast lift/reduction to reshape the breast and move the nipple and gland up over the implant.   A "reduction/augmentation" procedure will remove the excess tissue in the lower breast while using the implant to provide fullness in the upper breast.  

Choosing between a breast lift or lift plus implants

Hello, if the nipple sits lower on the breast mound and looks "droopy" this is called ptosis.  Stage 1 is mild ptosis and Stage 3 is the most advanced type, when the nipple is pointing straight down.  It appears that you have stage 2 ptosis, although a proper exam would be required to confirm this.  For cases of stage 2 ptosis most of my patients choose to have a lift plus implants.  A small percentage will have implants alone, but they are aware that the apparent nipple position might still look abnormally low on the breast mound.  However, a breast lift can always be done at a later date.