Which implant's better for me (5'8, 125lbs w deflated breasts, hormonal disorder, no kids) Natrelle Classic or Inspira? (Photos)

Just turned 30, dancer w hormonal (pituitary) disorder that caused breast tissue to get completely destroyed. I used to be a full B/C & want to get back there with natural-looking implants. I know they'll use Allergan Natrelle, but am questioning whether the Classic or Inspira would be better. Its like all the air has been let out of my chest, esp upper pole, so I'm highly leaning toward the Inspira. What do you think? [Breast measurement: 11.5, likely 375cc implants]

Both can deliver beautiful results.

Thank you for your question and photos. Both the Natrelle Classic and Inspira are silicone implants that can look and feel very natural and restore lost volume. With that said, there is a slight difference between them that you should understand. The Classic isn’t as full of silicone gel as the Inspira, so there’s a slightly increased possibility of rippling of the implant shell. The Inspira is fuller, and can arguably result in a rounder breast with less likelihood of rippling. The best way to understand the differences and choose which is right for you is to have a consultation and see the implants in person. When you place them side by side, you can see that the Classic will cave in slightly at the top because it’s not as full. On the contrary, the Inspira will remain round and full because it has more silicone. Again, your plastic surgeon will help you choose which implant is right for you, but both can deliver a beautiful result and restore the volume you’ve lost. Best of luck!

Which implant's better for me (5'8, 125lbs w deflated breasts, hormonal disorder, no kids) Natrelle Classic or Inspira?

There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Why should I have a breast augmentation operation?

If you have small or asymmetrical  breasts then and you are not happy for this situation; then you can be a good candidate for breast augmentation operation. As it was also mentioned above,  small breast can be something that woman might want change. However choosing the right operation is the most important step in the planning of the operation. Therefore understanding the needs and the expectation of the patient is the most important thing and it needs a successful evaluation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Inspira vs. classic gel

Since Inspira implants have hit the market, they have become my "work horse".  I like them for a number of reasons. My main reason is that for someone like you, with very little breast tissue, they will give you the most natural feel. They are a bit firmer because they are filled to a higher volume, but that also means less rippling.  My advice would be to choose an Inspira implant that fits your frame and that your plastic surgeon likes for you as well.  Good luck!

Breast augmentation and lift, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implants' type for breasts augmentation

Dear K,    Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures, you appear to be small A cup size with very wide cleavage and large areolas.   You are questioning the usage of different types of silicone implants. I would  like you to reconsider and choose the option of saline implants, which in my opinion, offer many advantages over silicone implants. I have been in plastic surgery practice for over 29 years and performed breasts augmentation surgery on thousands of patients. I use almost exclusively smooth , round, moderate profile saline implants placed under the muscles through sub areola incision, to the delight of my patients, many of whom are mothers and daughter as well as sister. It is inconceiveable   that mothers will refer their daughter to my practice if they were unhappy with their outcome...   Here are the advantages of saline implants over silicone implants:  1. Saline implants cost $1000 less than silicone implants.  2. Silicone implants are associated with higher rate of capsule contracture.  3. Silicone implants require mostly, long sub mammary incision which is not scar friendly, while saline implants can be inserted through a small sub areola incision which is scar friendly.  4. The sub areola incision allows for , consistently, nice cleavage due to ease of dissection under direct vision and feel while the sub mammary incision is too far.  5. It is a myth that silicone implants are more natural. I have removed many silicone implants and replaced them with saline implants to the delight of the patients.  6. When implants leak (very uncommon), saline implants replacement is simple and can be done under local anesthesia if wished by the patient, while silicone gel removal is complex and require general anesthesia for patient's comfort.  7. Silicone implants are still under safety study while saline implants are not.   Another thing for you to consider is areola reduction (donut, Benneli), because your large areolas will get significantly larger due to the stretching by the implants, which is not very attractive. As far as size selection, to become 32 full B (B/C) you will need implants with volume of 250 cc. For 34 full B - 300 cc. 375 cc implants will give you 34 C cup or 32 full C cup.   Not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So , do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely.  Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.                                     Best of luck,                                                           Dr Widder   

Which implant's better for me?

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging)  as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Implants

You are best to come in for a consultation to best select the appropriate implant for you.  Best of luck.

Breast augmentation

thank you for your question  During your consultation I like to find out your goals (i.e. what cup size you would like to be).  It is important to measure the width of your breast to determine which implant you need. There are four different profiles of round silicone implants .They are moderate, moderate classic, high and ultra high profile. I use the bloodless breast technique which I invented. Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery, and recovery is a lot quicker versus traditional technique. I use the bloodless breast technique which I invented. Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery, and recovery is a lot quicker versus traditional technique. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon