I'm 7 days after my BA. Will my right boob ever even up with my left boob? (Photo)

Asymmetry of the breasts one week after breast augmentation.

Some asymmetry of the breasts is fairly common for weeks after breast augmentation. Significant asymmetry should be reported to your surgeon.

Post op

Healing after plastic surgery is a process and the earlier parts are the most challenging. Emotions are a big part of the process as well. Best is to discuss specifically with the operating surgeon so that he /she can take a look. Our patient i Book has a lot of basic information as well.

I'm 7 days after my BA. Will my right boob ever even up with my left boob?

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast augmentation

Each breast is a bit different and therefore each will respond differently to an implant and will settle differently and at different rates. Good luck.

Breast augmentation post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting enquire.

In my practice, after performing a breast augmentation recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photo.  An asymmetry after a breast augmentation is not uncommon.  The implants can settle at different rates.  If this is the case, the best thing to do is be patient and allow your body to heal and the implants to settle.  At times a band can be used to help push the higher implant down and even downward displacement massage can be of use.  Best to discuss with your surgeon who can guide you on what he or she thinks is best.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

It is not uncommon to have breast asymmetry during the first few months after a breast augmentation. It takes time (2-4 months) for the tissues to relax and the implants to settle. I have most of my patients wear a sports bra to prevent the implants from settling too much as well as preventing them from moving to the side for 6 weeks post op. This allows for the implants to settle in perfect position while the pocket is healing. 

If if your right breast seems to have moved up rapidly compared to the left you should see your surgeon soon to make sure everything is ok (no bleeding or fluid collection). Your right breast may seem higher due to tighter tissues in that side or more swelling at this early stage. 

When end I have patients with implants that "ride high" because their tissues are so tight or they have a constricted lower pole (tuberous breast), I will at times have them go bra-less or even wear a compression wrap over the top of the breasts to make the implants settle faster and the tissues to stretch faster. These can be somewhat uncomfortable because they cut into the armpit and are visible in clothing showing the cleavage line. 

Things look ok in your photos so far. 

Julian Gordon, MD

Breast Asymmetry after Surgery

Stone Mountain. My home town! It is too early for you to really know. It can take as long as 3 months for the implants to settle and your final shape to reveal itself. They may be sitting in different positions now but as the muscle and skin stretch with time the implants will settle. It also depends on what kind of asymmetry you had prior to surgery. You should keep in mind any asymmetry you had before surgery usually is more noticeable when the breasts are larger. Some asymmetry can be fixed at the time of surgery and sometimes things are not fixable. You can do more harm trying to change the position of the breast folds for example if they are slightly uneven to start with before the augmentation. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Will my right boob ever even up with my left boob.

Some asymmetry can be seen after augmentation especially if the skin envelop is asymmetric before hand. As a rule it is best to wait until implants settle to judge, however if the asymmetry is significant and one breast does not feel like the other your surgeon should see you right away to be certain that things are right.

Implants uneven after breast augmentation

It is difficult to see exactly what your concerns are from the photograph, but I would advise you to wait at least 3 months before assessing the symmetry and appearance of your breast augmentation.