I would like Lipo 360 but I have been told by non professionals that I would need a tummy tuck due to umbilical scar (Photo)

Is a tummy tuck necessary? Would Lipo 360 be useless?

Liposuction, umbilical scar, muscle tightening, tummy tuck, fatty abdomen, loose skin, Choice of surgery

Thanks for the query. You do need a proper  clinical examination, but from you pictures it appears that you do have both excess fat and loose skin. A liposuction with a tummy tuck would correct these problems significantly. The umbilical scar as well as muscle tightening can be carried out simultaneously.Best wishes,Dr Alexander

India Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and tummy tuck.
  • Your 'non-professional' advise is good - but not because of the umbilical scar.
  • Your photos show that your abdomen muscle and skin are severely stretched.
  • Liposuction will give you a lot of sagging skin and your stomach will not be much flatter.
  • A tummy tuck should give you a really nice result.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy tuck

Hello, thank you for your question and photos. Your best option is Tummy Tuck with liposuction as well.  You have sagging skin, stretch marks and your abdominal wall needs to be tighten.  Consult with a certified plastic surgeon in your area for a correct treatment. Have a great day.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Stretch marks

Sadly your stretch marks are the key giveaway for me. What they represent is the skin has exceeded its ability to stretch and the elasticity has gone. Just like a saggy balloon that has been over inflated and let down. Taking the fat out (the air in the balloon) will decrease the volume but the balloon cant spring back leaving an empty abdomen rather than a tight one. Practitioners of laser lipo or USS assisted lipo suggest these techniques can partly overcome loose skin but I am fairly sure that wont be possible for you. Having said all that, abdoplasty is a great operation which would suit you very well. Hope that helpsAdam Goodwin

Candidate for a tummy tuck

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck

It appears from your picture that you have too much loose skin and muscle to obtain a cosmetically pleasing result from liposuction alone. An abdominoplasty with, perhaps, liposuction would flatten your abdomen, removing the skin excess as well as removing many of the stretch marks and tightening the muscle envelope. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in both tummy tuck and liposuction. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck & Lipo

The tummy tuck with circumferential safelipo, or Lipo 360 will be your best option. This is true for anyone who has had children and has loose skin

Mahmood Kara, MD

Tummy tuck

Thanks for your question.  Based on your photos, you would have the best result from a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).  This would address 3 primary issues to improve the appearance of your core, through liposuction of excess fat, tightening the ab muscles, and removal of excess skin including stretch marks.  It's always important to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation in order to determine the best treatment plan for you specifically.  Best of luck!

Benjamin Wood, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Lipo

Recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in tummy tucks and liposuction.  It's difficult to tell from only two photos, but it appears that the two procedures non-professionals have suggested would correct the excess fat, loose skin, and umbilical scar.Kenneth B. Hughes, MDBoard Certified Plastic SurgeonLos Angeles, CA 90066