Would I be a good candidate for a hair transplant at 25 years old and still balding? (Photos)

Thinking of a hair transplant. I'm 25 and still in the process of balding as neither my dad, not grandfather have hair, except at the sides and back. If so, how many follicals/procedures do you think I would need, and because of my age is it likely I will have to go back again and again? Ideally I'd restore my full, flat hairline from when I was younger.

25 years old and still balding?

I recommend you visit with a hair loss expert to a ) get plan to stop your hair loss b) review your goals and expectations, both currently and long term.

Good candidate for a hair transplant at 25

I advise you to have a FUE operation of 2500 -2700 grafts  just for forehead reduction.. I determine frontal hair line and debade with you to decide level of new hairline. Hair transplantation would cover all bald spot at front in one session of operation and you would have a good, succesfull result . Operation takes about 5-6 hours under local anestesia.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

There is no specific age to have surgery. Photos are not enough to say one would be a good candidate for surgery.

There is no specific age to have surgery.  Photos are not enough to say one would be a good candidate for surgery.  You need an examination and understanding of what is possible before considering surgery.  What happens if your exam shows that you may be completely bald one day.  You need to understand the consequence of surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Candidate

your best bet is to have a hair restoration consultation with a surgeon to evaluate your scalp and hair, your pattern as well as miniaturization, and discuss with you short term and long term goals, as well as set reasonable expectations.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

You have an early Class 3 pattern of balding but ask where you will go from here.

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon