Weird juvaderm reaction?

I had juvaderm ultra injected 3 days ago and the upper lip has swollen quite a bit more then previous times ive had this done. Also the gums under where it is swollen are really painful to brush and touch and my nose is actually quite sore on one side?

So Much Swelling--Lip Augmentation Side Effects

This is hard to answer without pictures. Swelling is normal 1-2 weeks after an injection and you can experience transient swelling. If you're concerned, contact your injector. Best, Dr. Emer

Juvederm in lips

Thank you for your question.  Since you are only 3 days post op this is not unusual . After 72 hours the swelling starts to subside, give it another week to see final results.

Chad Robbins, MD

Lip pain and swelling after injections

Without seeing you or seeing pictures, it is hard to say exactly what is going on. It is probably within the normal post procedure outcomes but if there is concerns, please discuss with your doctor. There are problems with vascular occlusion which can occur, but these usually are within the first 24 hours. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Swelling after lip injections

Swelling of the lip area can vary injection to injection.  I would recommend some gentle massage, icing the area, and some over the counter pain reliever.  If the pain doesn't improve in a few days, or worsens, contact your injector.  The swelling can remain for up to two weeks.

Camille Cash, MD