Is it possible to get filler after a blocked blood vessel? How can I minimise the risk of it happening again?

Had filler for 4th time and this time blocked a vessel. Been going through hell trying to unblock and my top lip is so uneven and horrible looking now ! They said I can always have more filler to even but I'm scared now for it to happen again! Is there a way to do this with no risk of doing it again??

Risks of fillers

So sorry this happened to you.  This is a very uncommon occurance with fillers, but anytime you have a filler injection, there will be a small risk of it happening again. No procedure is entirely risk free.  Be sure your provider is experienced and that you are comfortable with their technique.  

Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Risks of fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Filler

if you have a vascular occlusion then this needs to be treated promptly by your injector and the injected filler dissolved.

vascular occlusion or compromise can occur with fillers but one way to minimize this is to use cannulas, inject very slowly, aspirate before injections, inject small amounts, and ofcourse the skill and knowledge of anatomy of the injector.

if you have pain you must speak to your injector.

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist

Filler

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist