My Botox has caused puppy dog wrinkles in the sides of my forehead. Can I inject in the hairline without dropping the eye?

Forehead correction

With proper injection technique, a small amount of Botox can correct these wrinkles.  As long as the doctor doesn't inject too close to the eyebrow, the risk should be small

San Diego Physician

Commas over eyes after Botox

These can be treated by a very experienced doctor. You are right, if done incorrectly, there will be a drop in the brows. I usually give up to 1 unit in this area in 1-2 injections on each side and most patients are happier. These are tough to fix for most docs.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox and forehead

This is the result of the injections not going lateral enough and is easily corrected with injections of a small amount of Botox. the injections should not be low so you should not have ptosis

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox and Forehead Lines

Thank you so much for your question!  The "puppy dog wrinkles" you are describing on the sides of your forehead are extremely common after a botox treatment for forehead lines.  The good news, though, is that this is an easily fixed problem.  When some areas of the forehead are treated with botox, a pulling or over-compensating of the muscles on the sides of the forehead can occur.  When you visit your plastic surgeon's office, ask the injector to simply place 1/2 unit of botox about an inch above the lateral edge of the brow on both sides and these problem areas will completely smooth out without dropping the eye.  To answer the other part of your question about injecting botox high in the hairline..... Yes!  You are absolutely safe having botox injected high up in the hairline as long as your injector does not go overboard with the number of units administered in this area.  I usually treat the hairline with an average of 6 units and I can often facilitate a slight "lifting" of the brows with this technique.  Hope this is helpful!

Remus Repta, MD

Botox injections can help Forehead wrinkled

Botox is a great product to use for wrinkles. If you choose an expert injector the wrinkles that you are talking about can be diminished. If you try to remove all the wrinkles that you were referring to you will get a brow ptosis. Therefore make sure you pick physician who has a significant amount of experience with Botox injections. Remember it's not about the Botox it's a bad who's injecting the product! If however you wrinkles very deep you can use an injection with has hyaluronic  acid that will diminish them as well.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon