Is there a surgery to correct slightly droopy eyes? (Photo)

My eyes are fairly large and aren't terribly droopy, but they could use some work. The majority of the fat rests where the fold in the crease is, I'd like to get rid of that as well as slightly upturn my eyes to get that striking cat eye look. You'll find two pictures -- what my eyes look like now and the eye look I want to have.

Your goal of an upturned lateral brow

can be achieved with a browlift... but you have to realize that your eyes as they are, are pretty and not in need of any tweaking.  As you age, you will develop changes that would make surgical intervention more needed to help preserve a more youthful look.  What you are asking for is an exaggerated look and though you can find surgeons to do this for you, its recommended that you leave things along until changes occur down the road.

Surgery for drooping eyes

There are in fact surgeries that can help with drooping eyes. These include Blepharoplasty, ptosis repair and even brow lifting.
Based on your photos I don't see the need for any of these. I dont't think you would see any signigicant improvement with Botox or fillers.

Be happy you look great!

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting droopy eyelids

Raising a droopy eyelid or eyebrow can be achieved with numerous surgical and nonsurgical techniques. Based on what you are showing, it does not look like surgery should be on your radar yet. A neuromodulator like Botox would be an excellent option,  as would new make up techniques.  Please be cautious when seeking surgical consultation. 

To ensure you are receiving the highest level of care, seek out a modernly trained, new-school dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties. 

Cameron Chesnut
#realself500 Physician

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyelid hooding

Please be cautious with surgical procedures to achieve a certain look. That "striking cat eye look" may not be pleasing to you later in life. Surgical procedures too early in life may limit what you can achieve later when you might actually need the surgery for visual purposes. Makeup is a much safer option for the appearance you are seeking.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Surgery vs injection to improve slightly droopy eyelids.

There are so many great surgery techniques and injectable products available to improve the appearance of the face. Helping you choose the correct and safe option is the responsibility of your consulting surgeon.

For slightly droopy eyelids, surgery can present more risks than benefits. An injection with a neuromodulator like Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin can relax selective muscles to give your eyebrow a few millimeters of lift to improve your eyelids. 

Bear in mind, each patient is different. I refer many of my patients to an eye specialist to specifically identify the problem, as some do require surgical repair. A formal consultation will provide you with the safest options available to you. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drooping Eyelid Concerns

Dear shavonnes, I would suggest that you do not have any surgery at this time. As the aging process progresses and you have some more laxity in the upper lid area you may consider seeing a surgeon for consultation. In the interim I would leave well enough alone you have lovely eyes. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Very mild eyelid lift

Hi there, you have beautiful eyes. thank you for your question and photos. 

I would recommend you consider a brow lift with botox. An experienced injector would be able to do it for you and lift the tail of the brow slightly (like you are doing in the photo). It will be temporary, but I do think it might give you the result you are looking for.

I would not advise surgery to remove the skin and fat yet. When the degree of skin excess is mild (like in your case), I think you have risk of not being able to achieve precisely what you want or of removing too much skin and having eye dryness.

Hope this helps!
Good luck

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Leave your eyelids alone.

Thank you for sharing your question. Your eyelids are mildly heavy. When considering surgery, one must weigh the risks versus the benefits. For such minimal improvements you are seeking, the risks are substantially too high. Even if you find a doctor willing to operate, you should delay surgery until the eyelids develop more skin/fat. I hope this helps.
Good luck,