Why did my scars from my breast lift turn out so horrible? Is there any hope for my breasts to look decent? (Photo)

I'm 9 months post. I hate the way my breasts look and wish I could start over.

Breast lift scarring

I agree with my colleagues -- your results are disappointing. Definitely speak with your surgeon about revision surgery options at no charge. I'm so sorry that you have such a bad experience. 

Wide scars post breast lift

You are right that your breast scars are way off the bell shaped curve of typical scars. They are wide as well as hyperpigmented at the edges. While your native tissues may be a bit thin and prone to wider scars then some people, typically now that your tissues have relaxed if you revise all the incisions it's more likely to be much better. You might ask about using hydroquinone this time as a topical to decrease some of the dark pigment. Good luck

Jeffrey Nelson, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Your scars are suboptimal

and revisions can help it.  Did you have any complications when healing?  If not, then its simply stretched out scars and your tissue is tight.  When it relaxes more, then you can pursue your revision.  But a revision does not guarantee that the scarring will resolve completely.

Curtis Wong, MD

Poor scars after a breast lift

These are spread scars and if you were my patient I would do it over at no charge.  We can not help help how people heal but sometimes our technique may need a different approach.  The have bottomed out as well. A revision is reasonable.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Breast lift problems

I agree with you that you have a very poor looking breast lift result. I'm sorry this has happened to you but you would need further surgery to try to correct it. I can't tell for certain but it looks as though your surgery was done with a vertical or lollipop type of breast lift. I am really not a fan of that operation because the skin is bunched up at the end in order to shorten the scar but in my experience seeing other patients who've had this done the scars are not great. Yours are worse than usual. Perhaps you had a bad reaction to the sutures or something else went wrong afterwards but your nipples are too high and there's too much bottom heaviness left in the breasts and the scars are terrible. You definitely need to reconsider having this revision done but it would be entirely redoing the surgery with a full inverted T shaped scar 

Yes, scars can be improved but another op is necessary

#bottomed out breasts. #widened mastopexy scars.  Agree with prior consultant there is a mismatch between the carrying capacity of your breast skin envelope and the breast implants used.  The scars are widened because the weight of the implant exerts downward pressure on them.  Discuss your concerns with your PS.  In my opinion, scar improvement may result from a. inclusion of an "internal bra" (ADMs such as Strattice); b. implant exchange to silicone; c. mastopexy scar revision; d. careful post-op activity restriction to avoid excess stretch.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Horrible scars 9 months after mastopexy.

I am sorry about the poor outcome of your scars .
Your breasts are still sagging with bottoming out and pseudoptosis.

The problem stems from the fact that your breast lift relied on the skin to support your heavy breasts .
The technique used in your case was a dermopexy and thus the scar was mechanically challenged which resulted in stretching of the scar.
If you are up to it you will need a parenchymal breast   lift with an "internal brassiere" for better support of the breasts and implants.

Erel Laufer, MD
Dunedin Plastic Surgeon