What should I have done with my nose? (Photo)

I feel like my nose is too big for my face. It gets even bigger when I smile and I've always been slightly embarrassed. With a side profile it looks like I have a beak because my nose is so straight from my eyebrows to the tip. I was just wondering what a dr would suggest ? & is there a way to see a possible outcome ? I'm nervous about surgery because it's the center of my face and it would be extremely hard to hide a bad nose job , I don't want it to look worse. Any suggestions?

Rhinoplasty for Nose Refinement

Thanks for your photos and question.  It's natural to be nervous about any facial changes however I do feel that refinement of your nose is something worth considering.  Take some time to meet with at least one ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon and review photos of other patients before imaging your own photos.  This will allow you to see if you are comfortable with the proposed changes as well as the individual doctor.  Take your time before committing and make sure that you are comfortable with your choices.

Good luck and enjoy your results.....Dr. Jon Perlman

Subtle rhinoplasty

the key to a good rhinoplasty is thoughtful and careful planning coupled with delicate and meticulously done surgery.  There are many dedicated rhinoplasty surgeons in the Bay area. See more than one and look at his/her photos.

Nasal surgery

Hi and thanks for your question. I would suggest you see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. I have 30 years experience in rhinoplasty. Best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

What should I have done to my nose?

First of all, it's very important for patients to have very clear expectations and what their goals are regarding  the changes to be made with their nose. Computer imaging performed in the office setting is also helpful to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with the procedure, and is an excellent communication tool between the surgeon and the patient.  Every rhinoplasty procedure is customized according to the patient's unique anatomy. The bulbous tip can be narrowed, the bridge line narrowed, entire nose de-projected and the bridge line can be adjusted, all  with a closed rhinoplasty approach whereby all of the incisions are placed on the inside of the nose. Rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon  very wisely based on extensive experience

What should I have done with my nose?

An artistically performed rhinoplasty can modify the size as well as the shape of the nose in a variety of ways to produce a natural appearing improved cosmetic result depending on desired outcome, individual anatomy and surgical expertise.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) with extensive experience in performing cosmetic nasal surgery that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos and after an examination aided by digital photography with your input, you should be able to see what is and what is not possible with your nose.  So see some experts in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

What can be done with your nose. some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

I saw your pictures and although they are only a representative of what I may see in person, I think you have to be careful in making changes to your nose. It is a part of your body that is a focal point on facial appearance but caution needs to be taken in that changes that may affect the appearance can have consequences in function such as breathing and smell. Smell is a function that can affect taste. Many techniques that are used by surgeons to narrow a nose  at the tip tend to reduce the free flow of air through the nose. An expert rhinoplasty surgeon with significant experience can give you the best functional and aesthetic assessment of your situation and give you the most accurate expectation for results should you pursue surgery. Thick skin does not lead to fine detail in the tip area and in your case thin skin can show imperfection.  The tip cartilages are a bit wide and arching so the tip looks big on the front view.  The nasal bone on the front view is a bit wide and heavy giving an otherwise aesthetic side view  a big or heavy frontal view.  The overhang of the center skin of the bottom of the nose along with the arching tip cartilage gives you a bit of nostril flare on the front view and droopy bottom an a bit of rounding of bottom of your nose and tip area.   There are techniques that can be performed to improve these areas without an unnatural look. Hopes this helps.

Dr. Chow

Albert W. Chow, MD