Liposuction was performed on Tuesday but today in a large amount of pain with large uneven swelling (Photo)

Was evaluated 24 post op on Wednesday all seemed fine no significant swelling or lumps. Now day 4, I notice a large bulge on one side when removing the garments and bathed this evening. I am in a significantly increased amount of pain and notice the drainage fluid color has changed to a yellow tinged color. I plan to contact my surgeon in the morning. Is there any advice the mean time it would be greatly appreciated.

Liposuction - now in severe pain

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

The change in color in your drains is not a concern. Your plan to contact your surgeon is a good one. You should not in be increasing pain and have a new bulge at this point after your liposuction.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

You should be getting lymphatic massage, RF treatments and have the right customized compression at this time.  It appears you may have been a tummy tuck with liposuction candidate more than just liposuction alone.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction was performed on Tuesday but today in a large amount of pain with large uneven swelling

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Without knowledge of your pre-op status and your operation, it is impossible to give you specific advice regarding your case. You need to see your surgeon for an exam and follow up visit. It is still very early from surgery and swelling can often by asymmetric in the early period. I see nothing in the pictures that is overly concerning. 

Hope this helps!