I am suffering from thinning hair, is the new procedure called ACell + PRP really work?

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate your hair loss and start non invasive options like PRP/progesterone or consider transplantation. We do a lot of PRP/progesterone treatments in my practice and have seen great results. Best, Dr. Emer

Hair Thinning

PRP with ACELL can always benefit thinning hair although I would suggest seeing a specialist to see your candidacy, health history, and what stage of hair loss you are at. All of these are a factor or what you may need.

John Kahen, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thinning hair? PRP effectiveness

In my opinion, PRP is effective for genetically induced hair loss. PRP has 4 common effects. The first is to decrease hair loss, the second is to increase the rate of hair growth. The third effect is to increase the thickness of the hair follicle. The fourth effect is hair regrowth. Hair regrowth is determined by how long the follicle has been dormant. In general , if the Follicle has been dormant less than three years, there's a good chance that some  hair will regrow. Find a PRP expert. I am not convinced that Acell is necessary to obtain good results. Furthermore the local  post op traumatic side effects of Acell may be increased.  Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon