Need help choosing correct CC's for my revision, will going from 420cc to 750cc give me a full DD?

Hi I am 33 5"1 165lbs female I had my first augmentation done 10/1/09 360cc implant filled to 460cc which my cup size was 36D.I really want a full DD cup. I am a Ideal Implant recipient and I love my implants but due to a rupture anterior chamber on right breast my implants are being replaced will the new final FDA approved implant and decided to go from 420cc to 675cc filled to 750cc in hopes to have my desired full DD. Will this give me a full DD???

It is impossible for someone to give you an accurate answer to your question but since 750 mL is near the upper limit of available implants in this country you are probably getting as large an implant ais possible.  The answer will in part depend upon the amount of skin distensability that you have hopefully permitting the implant to be placed without distorting your shape and contour.  Do keep in mind however that implants of that size have a higher risk of complications and breast tissue thinning, rippling and palpability before making your decision.  You might benefit from watching the video that have linked to above.  Best wishes and good luck,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Your surgeon should be helping you the most in choosing implant size

as what you are considering  should take up up by more than a cup size... and will the implant fit on your chest dimensions?  If your surgeon cannot do this for you, find another surgeon who can.

Curtis Wong, MD

Need help choosing correct CC's for my revision, will going from 420cc to 750cc give me a full DD

Dear Skramer

Bra sizes are not standardized and will vary between bras. I can tell you that 750cc implants for the frame of some at 5'1" are rather large and will result in proportionately large breasts. Make sure you have discussed the long term implications of this size implant for your size build with your surgeon.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Full DD

This is difficult to answer without seeing at least photos and knowing your breast measurements.  You could always repost the question and provide images for a more precise answer.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Bra size very subjective

Bra sizing with respect to A,B,C,D is very subjective and can be drastically different between patients and bra companies. What is most important is appropriate breast implant sizing done at your surgeon's office.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast Augment Revision

The number of ccs in an implant has no direct correlation to the final cup size of the breast. Be sure to discuss your goal with your surgeon including photos of augment patients having the look you prefer. Your surgeon will be able to give you guidance in the implant size that will best work for you. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Need help choosing correct CC's for my breast augmentation revision.

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.  

Generally speaking, patients undergoing revisionary breast surgery should understand that there may be many variables besides breast implant volume that come into play when determining optimal  breast implant selection during revisionary breast surgery.  For example, adjustment of the breast implant capsules may be necessary; this adjustment may be a factor when it comes to selection of appropriate breast implant size/profile.    Lots to factors to consider...

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.  Personally, I find it most beneficial to have a wide range of breast implant types, sizes, and profiles available.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.