I had Liposuction 5 weeks ago and my Upper outer hips and flanks. I'm concerned about the final result. Any suggestion? (photo)

I have Vaser liposuction in my Upper outer hips an flanks and breast augmentation.I was worried about the liposuction because I know skin can look uneven. After 5 weeks to have the lipo done in my back looks worse!! I feel the fat is in the same spots I just felt the I had the lipo done in my waist. I know it's early to see the final result but I must been seeing and improvement by now, Right? what can I do? I'm so sad I can believe the I look worse. When can I do a lipo revision? Thanks!!

Final Lipo Results at 5 Weeks?

You're still healing at 5 weeks out. You will still have swelling and should still be wearing your garment to help with swelling and skin retraction. From your before photo appearance, it looks like as if your liposuction was revision liposuction, not primary liposuction. Revision liposuction takes longer to heal due to increased scar tissue that was laid down from the previous liposuction procedure. Additionally, small volume liposuction can sometimes take longer to see a difference because the change was smaller than in large volume liposuction. Consideration for further revision can be done around the 6-month mark, once things have settled down a bit more if you're are still not satisfied. In the interim, consider VelaShape or some other type of heat/infrared/massage combination to help improve any bumps. You're still early in your healing so don't lose hope. Make sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Best of luck!

Sacramento Physician

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Hi definition procedures give results instantly, the final result should be seen by 3-6 months. Massage, RF treatments and hyperbaric oxygen will drastically reduce swelling. If you are not seeing any changes I suggest you speak to your physician. Best, Dr. Emer.

Post Vaser recovery

Thank you for your question and photos.
A study of 120 patients following of Vaser surgery in our clinic shown  that in majority of people most of the healing  finished by 42 day (swelling, pain etc) , however skin retraction and hence contour improvement can take a few months longer.
Start toning up your body and use prescription body cream with retinol.
See your doctor for a review as planned.
Most people get desired outcome but you might need to help your skin to retract a little. You were not very big to start with and your results will be not as noticeable like in heavier people.

Five weeks after surgery, it's definitely too early for revision or to see the final result.

Hello,  First of all, from what I see, you look very good.  I don't see that you even have much fat in those areas.  However, there are many reasons not to be sad right now.  I am certain you still have swelling reulting from the surgery.  It may take 3 months or even longer in some cases to see the final result.  Also, the area you have circled looks normal.  I do not see rolls of fat.  I see your pelvic bone which means you have very low body fat.  You cannot remove that with liposuction.  Also, it appears that you are arching your back in the post-op photo.  Try to stand straight up.  Please have reasonable expectations with any surgery. Most importantly, voice your concerns to your surgeon.  Your surgeon is the best person to initially discuss this with.  If ultimately you are not satisfied, get a second opinion and bring sandardized pre and post-operative photos for the surgeon to see.  Ask your current surgeon how much fat he or she removed.  Also, liposuction only removes fat and really does not correct, fix or cure loose skin.  The VASER is a great tool however and you should benefit from the technology assuming that your surgeon is familiar with the settings, probes and cannulas as well as Liposuction surgery itself.   Sometimes the roll on the back is from skin laxity and it will not go away from liposuction alone.  Have your surgeon explain this to you.  Again, you look very good.  The enemy of good is better.  While we all want perfection and we try our best to get a perfect result, perfection is not reasonable.  

Ryan Mitchell, DO, FAOCO
Henderson Facial Plastic Surgeon