Need help choosing correct CC's for my second time around. (Photo)

I'm 34 yrs old 5"1 165lb.I had my augmentation done in 2009 I am an Ideal Implant recipient and I love my implants look,feel are PERFECT but not my size.I'm a current D and since my implants dropped in 2010 I have been waiting for a desired full DD.My 360cc are filled to 460cc saline under muscle. However my right breast has a rupture to anterior chamber and Ideal is replacing with their new FDA approved implant.I wanted to go with the 675cc and fill it to 750cc. Will this achieve my desired DD?

Implant volume and breast cup size

There are far too many interacting factors to be able to accurately determine your anticipated cup size based on the information you have provided. Until someone is able to develop a computer program that can analyze all of the variables, your best resource is still your plastic surgeon. Your goals should be thoroughly discussed with your surgeon and using available resources you can select the appropriate implant together. 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Implant Size and Bra Size

As we have said countless times on Realself. com, there is no accurate or reproducible way to equate implant volume with cup size. Sizing in the mirror with known implant/sizer volumes will tell you something much more important than bra size: how you look in the mirror. As for your Ideal implants, having a rupture with in a decade is far from ideal, and silicone gel would be your better choice. Think about switching so you don't have to keep having surgery. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Choosing correct CCs for second time

Thanks for the question and photos. 750cc in my opinion might end up getting you in the DDD category but its hard to fully say.  In general I would go up about 150cc for one cup size so maybe 650 total is a better size. If still in doubt with sizing I would recommend in person consultations with board certified plastic surgeons who perform a lot of revision breast surgeries.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Correct size implant

Thank you for your question. .  It is impossible to predict a cup size based on a certain size of implant.  You can try on sizers or use the rice bag test to help give you an idea of what your appearance would be like with that increase in size.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Increasing implant size

What you describe should give you much more size and it usually takes at least an additional 100 cc's to notice a difference. What cup size this will be cannot be predicted.

Need help choosing correct CC's for my second time around.

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.  

Generally speaking, patients undergoing revisionary breast surgery should understand that there may be many variables besides breast implant volume that come into play when determining optimal  breast implant selection during revisionary breast surgery.  For example, adjustment of the breast implant capsules may be necessary; this adjustment may be a factor when it comes to selection of appropriate breast implant size/profile.    Lots to factors to consider...

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.  Personally, I find it most beneficial to have a wide range of breast implant types, sizes, and profiles available.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.