Had a mole (naevus) removed, I've notice it's coming back, should I get it checked?

I had a mole removed last year (identified as a naevus), then had to go back for further removal. I have a scar about two inches long, today I noticed it's coming back, should I get it checked?

When in Doubt, get a consultation--Mole removal: lasers, radiowave, shave

If you're concerned, I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. This may need to be removed again  with lasers, radiowave or shave. Best, Dr. Emer.

Mole shaved

Hey gmcbride- 

It depends on what the pathology of the initial biopsy was but my answer is yes, go have it checked. Your dermatologist will be able to talk to you about the risks of cancer etc based on the results of previous biopsies and your history etc. 

Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician