How can I find a doctor near Ellenwood, GA to repair my torn ear lobe?

Doctor Answers 8

Repair ear lobe in Georgia

Thank you for asking about your ear lobe repair.
  • Sorry to be answering so long after your question but just saw it
  • I am in Atlanta and would be happy to help you if you haven't found someone yet.
  • Whoever you choose must be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, ideally specializing in cosmetic surgery -
  • Which for myself and some practices in the area, is all we do.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Earlobe Repair

I would advise researching online for Board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Check online reviews from patients and if there are none, don't hesitate to schedule a consultation, the fee will normally be deducted from the procedure which can vary between $500-$1500 depending on the severity on the split! Best of Luck to you !!

Omar Fouda Neel, MD, FRCSC, FACS
Montreal Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Earlobe repair

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon as pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon. Price can range from $400-$800. You will be able to re-pierce your ears 2 months after you have the earlobe repair done. Good luck, Dean Vistnes. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #earloberepair

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 48 reviews

Earlobe repair

Earlobe repair is a very common procedure. Frequently, we have patients who will have the procedure done the same day as the consultation. Typically, the cost is between $450-850 per earlobe, depending on the severity and the length of the procedure.You may be able to find a doctor who will do this under insurance but i am not aware of any.The length of time the ears have been gauged should have no effect on the procedure. As long as the tissue is no longer irritated or inflamed, there is no reason not to give it a try. Gauged ears are sometimes more difficult than some other earlobe repairs since the tissue is so over stretched, but we are still able to create a natural looking earlobe. You can get your ear re pierced about 6 weeks after and should be included in the pricing. Shop around in your area and see if you can find a plastic surgeon in your budget

Elliot M. Heller, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 93 reviews

How can I find a doctor to repair my torn ear lobe?

Thank you for the question.
“Split” earlobes can be easily reconstructed under local anesthesia with minimal risk and recovery time. It is important to re-approximate the curved earlobe precisely to avoid step off or other visible deformity. You will find lots of examples of this procedure performed on this website, and on the attached link as well. I would suggest a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who's work you like.
Best wishes.

Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,499 reviews

Find a doctor near you

I suggest you visit the webpage for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  There, you can find a board certified plastic surgeon either by city, state or by zip code.

Audrey A. Klenke, MD, FACS
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

How to find doctor to repair torn ear lobe?

I would recommend seeing a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon in your area to repair your torn earlobe.  This is a relatively simple procedure that can be done in the office.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

How to find a doctor to repair a torn ear lobe

I would go to the American Society of Plastic Surgery website and click on the Find a Surgeon link.  You will be able to locate one close to you and the website only has board certified plastic surgeons.  Normally, I recommend finding a plastic surgeon who is board certified AND does a lot of what you are looking to have done.  However, ear lobe repair is generally very simple and any board certified plastic surgeon should be able to do it relatively easily, so just find one who is respectful and priced right.  I hope that helps.

Jeremy Drew Sanderson, MD
Flower Mound Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.