I need a nose, chin, and my under eye bags fixed. I wonder if I should see a specialist for each?

This question has been asked before, but I am hoping to get some honest and open advice/feedback. We can look at the before and after photos, but I can I can tell some are photoshopped or the lighting has changed (it's what I do for a living.) Reviews and advertisements can be paid or added by the physicians themselves. I need a nose, chin, and my under eye bags fixed and I thought I picked my doctor. The Juvederm he gave didn't work and now I wonder if I should see a specialist for each?

Doctor Answers 11

Nose, chin and lower eyelid bags

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 A board-certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face performs all 3 of these operations consistently. Look for a surgeon who has extensive experience in rhinoplasty since that is the most difficult of the 3 procedures you're contemplating.  We do not recommend  Juvederm in the lower lids do to multiple complications  we have seen from other offices.  Please feel free to review our photo gallery for  the 3 procedures you are interested in.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 158 reviews

Choose your Surgeon based on experience and past results.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is a great question.  Rhinoplasty and under eye bags treatments are two procedures that require a great deal of skill, and you are correct in spending some time finding the right practitioner.  I would advise the following:

  • Get a feel for how much experience your surgeon has treating similar problems
  • The amount of information given on the website or during the consultation can be helpful
  • Photogalleries, either online or in the office are very helpful, they show both the surgeon's experience and his past results
  • Chin augmentation is more straight-forward.  Once you find someone to treat the nose, they should also be able to treat the chin.

Good luck finding information, check the photogalleries!

David C. Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 157 reviews

Different surgeons for lids and nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You should be able to find a well qualified surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who can handle all your needs. You are right in that cosmetic surgery has become very sales oriented, and if you see it on the internet it just might not be true. If you look carefully there still are some honest practices out there.

Peter E. Johnson, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

I need a nose, chin, and my under eye bags fixed. I wonder if I should see a specialist for each?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

An experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon will typically be the most experienced expert to handle a combination nasal, chin and eyelid procedure. The key to a successful relationship is trust. It sounds like you haven't trusted the information provided to you in terms or pre- and post-surgery photos as well as reviews. Further, you mention that you're not happy with the filler treatments you've received. It sounds like you should keep looking for a specialist that you trust but there is no reason to seek more than one specialist for the procedures you want to have performed. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Surgery for Nose, Chin, and Eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I suggest that you choose a surgeon who is an expert in facial cosmetic surgery and specializes in rhinoplasty, the most difficult of the procedures you are considering.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

I need a nose, chin, and my under eye bags fixed. I wonder if I should see a specialist for each?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 An experienced plastic and cosmetic surgeons performs all of these procedures at the same time quite often.  I have done these on many patients for over 25 years.  Why would you have 3 separate general anesthetics when it could be done with one and one recovery?

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Should I see a specialist for each procedure?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In general, you will be in the best hands with a board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. Ideally, he or she specializes in rhinoplasty, as it is the most complex of the three procedures. I would recommend establishing good communication with your prospective surgeon. This will ensure you are happy with the result. If you wish to have the procedures performed separately, that is a personal decision. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 49 reviews

Rhinoplasty, Chin and Lower Eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

  This really just comes down to who is the most skilled and puts you the most at ease.   All experts do not provide the same results.  Given your background, you can probably tell what is right for you. If you need three surgeons then get three surgeons.  If you feel comfortable with one, go with that one for all 3.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Consider a Facial Plastic Surgeon with experience and board certification

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The specific problems that you wish to be addressed are frequently corrected by Facial Plastic surgeons. All of your concerns should be frankly discussed in a consultation and computer imaging can provide you with additional useful benefits regarding your potential results. Good luck!

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Facial surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Any good plastic surgeon can perform all of those procedures.  However, the most complicated procedure is the rhinoplasty, so you should concentrate on finding a surgeon who is specifically experienced in noses.  A good rhinoplasty surgeon will certainly be able to deal with the eyelids and chin as well .

Ronald J. Edelson, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.