Should I have a crown replaced that has pressure sensitivity after 1.5 years?

I had a crown done 1.5 years ago on #18. I've had pressure sensitivity since. Biting into anything remotely firm gives enough discomfort that I avoid chewing on that side. The bite was adjusted initially and I feel good about it. X-rays show no reason for discomfort. My dentist has offered to replace the crown for free. It seems there are risks including an increase in sensitivity or creating the need for a root canal. Do I have the crown replaced and hope the sensitivity improves?

Sensitivity for 1.5 years

There are always risks associated with dental procedures. You need to decide if the sensitivity bothers you enough to warrant the possibility of no improvement or even worse sensitivity. Your dentist has made a generous offer to replace the crown but that offer won't last forever. 

Crown sensitivity and discomfort #DrSoftTouch

If the discomfort and sensitivity bothers you so much that you avoid chewing on that side, I would recommend replacing the crown. Is there a possibility that the sensitivity will get worse and your dentist will recommend a root canal? Yes, it's possible. But the only other alternative is that you continue to chew on the other side and deal with discomfort.  I hope this helps and follow me on RealSelf for more questions and answers.

Crown Sensitivity

You can't be given a definitive answer on this one.  The sensitivity could go away after replacing the crown or it could get worse.  If it does you will need a root canal.  You must decide if it is bothering you enough to take the risk.  Good luck.