My bruising after Cellulaze looks worse at 3 weeks than at 2 weeks. (Photo)

I am taking pictures each week to see my progression. I am concerned that the bruising looks worse at 3 weeks than it did at 2 weeks. It definitely does. Really scared.

Bruising after Cellulaze.......

Thanks for your question. Your body is still healing, three weeks is not enough time to see optimal results.The bruising will eventually disappear as most bruises do. Be patient and give it a couple of months. Hope this helps.

Bruising Getting Worse Three Weeks after Cellulaze

In general bruising gets better, not worse, so it is unclear what is going on here. The appearance of cellulite after treatment improves initially due to swelling, then tends to look worse between three and six weeks, than gradually looks better from about two months on, to resolution at six months. The skin can continue to thicken up to one year. The next three to six weeks will give you a better idea of the outcome than the three-week pictures can do. I would expect this appearance to gradually go away.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Swellling and Cellulaze -- Start Velashape and/or Venus Legacy Treamtents

You cannot assess the results of cellulaze for 3-6 months after treatment.  I would consider venus legacy or velashape treatments to improve the ultimate outcome.  Swelling can come and go over the next few months.  Best, Dr. Emer.