Would it be wise to avoid a 'buy one, get one free' deal on breast augmentation?

I found a place offering a 'buy one, get one surgery' free. I want a breast augmentation with a lift. So I guess I'd be paying for the most expensive one. My question is, is there a reason it's a buy one get one free?

Buy One Get one Free

I, as a savvy consumer would be skeptical of the talent and skill level of a surgeon offering to do one of two procedures for free. If business is slow, certainly one can reduce the cost by a certain percentage but I've never seen a buy one get one free advertisement for cosmetic procedures. Will the anesthesiologists likewise work for free. Is the OR fee for the second procedure free as well or just the professional fee. I would make sure that the surgeon is certified as a plastic surgeon and not a cosmetic surgeon. I would like to see photographs of their work. I've seen too often, in the last 25 years, that the patient who pays the low price and then gets a less than satisfactory result is really upset that they went this route. The fix may cost way more than having the original surgery done correctly. Apple and Rolex never have sales. Just my opinion.

Yes, be careful

Sometimes surgeons will offer "deals" during slow times to boost business.  Sometimes, it's actually a really good surgeon, so don't automatically discount it!  I do think it's a little cheesy -- and you should still shop around.  Sometimes their "deal" is marked up so much that's it's not actually a deal.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Plastic Surgery "Deals"

I would strongly advise you to avoid deals like this. Almost no reputable plastic surgeon uses these techniques. If they are good at what they do and take good care of their patients, they have all the referrals they need and do not have to resort to such come-ons as these. Those who are less talented or just starting aesthetic surgery without being a plastic surgeon, however, frequently use them.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Value vs price

As Warren Buffet said "Price is what you pay, value is what you get."  Get your surgery from a board certified plastic surgeon who  regularly performs the procedure you are interested in.  I doubt a quality plastic surgeon would make this offer.  Interview several surgeons in your area before deciding.  This is a complex operation and needs experience to get consistent results.  

William Koenig, MD
Rochester Plastic Surgeon

Yes you should avoid a "'buy one, get one free' deal on breast augmentation?''

You should research the credentials of the surgeon to ensure he or she is a board certified plastic surgeon with relevant experience. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Wise to avoid a "buy one, get one free" breast augmentation deal ?

First, research the credentials of the physician making the offer and make sure he/she is a board certified in plastic surgery.  If you research checks out, the physician may be in a competitive marketplace and this is an attempt to increase patients to his/her office.  I would also advise a second opinion and you can compare prices and information.  Good luck 

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Deals?

The joke is buy one at double the price and get the second side free.  :-)  I do not recommend going to placed where they offer deals much as you describe.  Caveat emptor.( buyer beware).

Plastic Surgery "Deals"

I would urge you to please be cautious in this situation, and as with any patient, be careful about who you select to operate on you.  Take the time to research the doctor, his or her qualifications and certifications in detail, as well as the facility where the procedure would take place.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Would it be wise to avoid a 'buy one, get one free' deal on breast augmentation

I would always be cautious choosing a surgeon that is cutting deals for surgery. You need to ask yourself why is the surgeon doing that and is that low cost leader surgeon the one you want to go with

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation

are you sure it is not a joke?  I always tell people they are only paying for the first one and the second one is free.

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon