What's causing my pain after restoration of wisdom tooth # 16?

Hello and thank you. I recently had a restoration redone because a chip in the old one and the doctor placed a direct pulp cap because I assume they hit the pulp. I had experienced a lot of pain usually lasting every other day for half hour after flossing. The restoration is between 16 and 15. Then they placed a desintesizer temporary filling for a few weeks. THen the final filling with direct pulp cap again. Pain starts if cold liquids or eating on that side. It radiates on the lower jaw as well.

Pulp capping

If your decay was very deep and a direct pulp cap was placed it doesn't guarantee that the tooth won't need a root canal or extraction. A direct pulp cap is an attempt to try to prevent either of these options from happening, but not a guarantee. I would visit with your dentist about how to move forward either removing the tooth or doing a root canal.