I would like to know if I am a good candidate for a tummy tuck and arm lift (photo)

Hello, I have lost 139 lbs from 315. My lowest weight was 175 before pregnancy. I gained 55 during pregnancy and delivered at 215. I am currently 181 lbs. I exercise daily and live a plant base lifestyle. I would like to know if I am a good candidate for a tummy tuck and arm lift

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck and an arm lift?

First, let me congratulate you on your weight loss of 139 pounds, and you look like you are exercising and look pretty fit. Good for you. To answer your question and  judging from your photos, you are an excellent candidate for both procedures.

Of course, to give a definitive answer, a personal consultation would be needed for an accurate assessment. There may be alternative procedures for your arms, such as a liposuction with the ThermiTight. The combination of these procedures will remove fat and tighten the skin.

For the tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), I suggest the no-drain tummy tuck. This will require some specialized internal sutures, but the recovery time is much less, there is less pain, and the complication rate is lower. And, patients love not having cumbersome drains for 5-10 days.

Liposuction can be and usually is done at the same time as a tummy tuck. Your consultation will give you an opportunity to explain your expectations and learn what to expect from the procedures and the post operative limitations.

Good luck with your procedures and thank you for your questions.

Am I a good candidate?

Yes, from your pictures and description it seems like you're a great candidate for both of the procedures you mentioned. I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in person who specializes in surgery after weight loss. 

Thank you for your question and for sharing your picture!

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Congratulations for your weight loss, and thank you very much for this interesting question.
After having analyzed your question and photos, i realize that you have a very beautiful body, with some sagging skin, fat tissue and several stretch marks...So, we need to rescue that figure!
In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and weist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Weight loss, Tummy tuck, Brachioplasty

Congratulations on your weight loss. From the limited photographs it appears that you may be a candidate for an abdominoplasty and a brachioplasty. Of course it's impossible to tell from a single picture, ultimately you will need to see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area 

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Arm Lift

Thank you for your question and photo. Congratulations on your weight loss. You appear to be an excellent candidate for Tummy Tuck and Brachioplasty. You will need to set up an in-person consultation to discuss your goals and considerations with a Plastic Surgeon. I recommend that you seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in these procedures. They will examine you and then make recommendations.

All the best

Tummy Tuck / Mini Tummy Tuck /Abdominoplasty/ Liposuction/ Reverse Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Tummy Tuck, possible fleur de lis with vaser liposculture to your arms.  The vaser has skin retraction component so you may or may not need an arm lift.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

I would like to know if I am a good candidate for a tummy tuck and arm lift

You very well may be!  Congratulations on your weight loss, mama! That is very exciting and a HUGE accomplishment! You should be proud.  With just one photo from the front and no in-person examination it's impossible to say exactly what the best surgery is for you right now.  Sometimes, after weight loss such as yours patients need a full body lift (or circumferential abdominoplasty) to completely lift and tighten the abdomen and  buttocks while removing all of the excess skin leftover after weight loss.  Only an in-person assessment can answer that question.  As far as the arms, you would likely be a candidate for liposuction with ultrasound/laser possibly with an arm lift (brachioplasty) if needed--again depends on the quality of your skin.  Please make sure to consult with board-certified plastic surgeons with experience in body contouring surgery for best recommendations. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

You rock!

It looks from your picture that you would be an awesome candidate for some form of abdominal rejuvenation- there is a lot of confusing nomenclature but a lot of my massive weight loss patients can benefit from either an extended tummy tuck that includes your flanks or even a circumferential tummy tuck that goes all the way around and helps your tummy, flanks, lateral thighs and buttocks.  Only after an examination and understanding your goals could we make that final decision.  Your arms look like great candidates for brachioplasties.  You may also want to consider a bra roll excision for that stubborn tissue that falls underneath your sports bra in the photo.  Good luck and congratulations on the all the weight loss. 

Tummy tuck and arm lift

Based on your picture, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks and tightening of the muscles as well as removing the extra skin/fat of the upper arms. You have done the hard work by losing the weight. Congratulations. With these two surgeries you can contour the areas to fit the rest of your body. 
Make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can go over the procedures in detail. 
Good luck. 

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your amazing weight loss!  Based on your picture alone it does appear that you would be a good tummy tuck and arm lift candidate.  You have excess loose skin along your abdomen and waist and a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue. Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat.  As far as an arm lift you likely will need a combination of liposuction and skin removal, but this would better be assess with an in-person examination of your arm skin quality and tone.  Hope this helps