Best way to straighten my nose, I have a deviated septum also. (photo)

Would a septoplasty correct my problem alone or would I require a septo-rhinoplasty or something more? I was wondering if a septoplasty procedure alone would correct the crookedness in my nose? I'm 26 and I don't specifically remember how my nose became deviated but all I know is it was after the age of 21. I keep seeing a caudal septal deformity mention but I'm not sure if that's what I have. Thanks for your time.

Septorhinoplasty candidate

Dear krealan, You would benefit from a septorhinoplasty to address both your deviated septum as well as correcting some aesthetic issues with the asymmetry in your tip. Seek consultation with some experts in the field. You need to have this procedure performed by an expert surgeon to ensure that your nose is not shortened and keeps a masculine appearance. See the link below for examples and the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Septoplasty

It is very difficult to tell from one photo view that you posted. You are best to be seen in person for evalaution. Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a osteotomies and spreader grafts to help straighten your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Best Way to Strighten My Nose

You obviously have deviation and asymmetry of your entire nose including the septum. A full septorhinoplasty can be done to improve both function and appearance.

Cosmetic Rhinoplasty for crooked nose, functional septoplasty for breathing

A cosmetic rhinoplasty is required to straighten the external appearance of the nose, especially when it is crooked. A septoplasty is performed in the back of the nose when there's twisted bone and cartilage that is blocking airflow.  A Septoplasty is performed only for medical necessity, and does not change the shape of the nose. Both a septoplasty and a rhinoplasty are two separate procedures, however both can be performed at the same time under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. Expect to pay for the cosmetic portion of the surgery yourself. For more information and many rhinoplasty before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Nasal Surgery

I agree with both of my colleagues with one caveat.  You included only one picture and it does appear that there is deviation of the bone and upper lateral cartilage of the middle portion of the nose to the right side.  You , however, did not describe whether or not you experienced nasal blockage or breathing issues.  If not then you may actually be a candidate for injection of a hyaluronic acid filler to the right side in order to give the appearance of a straighter nose.  That of course gives only a temporary cure and must be retreated every 2-3 years or so.  
Septorhinoplasty is of course the permanent solution but I do not think septoplasty alone is not an optimal solution.  Regardless of the option you choose you should only consider an expert in nasal surgery.  Experience in Rhinoplasty alone is the most significant factor in choosing a physician !

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best way to straighten my nose, I have a deviated septum also.

Krealan: It appears that you have both a bony nasal deformity as well as a deviation of your septum. To adequately repair them both, it would take a full septorhinoplasty to  straighten the nose and align the nostrils.  A complete exam is important and may reveal other issues that can be addressed at the same time. Consult with an experienced surgeon that specializes is cosmetic as well as functional surgery of the nose.John Standefer MD

Nose

krealan, I would guess you need a rhinoplasty and that will include work on your septum. See an experienced board certified facial expert; make sure they operate on "only faces". Search the Internet. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best way to straighten my nose, I have a deviated septum also

The internal and external nasal areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) and a septoplasty which are typically done at the same time. A natural appearing nose can be achieved when the procedures are performed by an artistic plastic surgeon with extensive experience in nasal surgery.
Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon