Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty (Septoplasty?) in Combination - short forehead, long nose, long chin, short neck? (Photos)

Is an implant thick enough to bring my chin to a normal degree? How much will it lengthern my chin (short neck issue)? I thought Rhinoplasty will help harmonize. My nose is crooked (so is my face), also two sides are attached unevenly (especially issue when laugh). Ala is lower than nose tip, also the top parts seem underdeveloped and can't cover the nostrils so they show from front and side. Nose already long and don't want it longer. Is there even a way to fix this whole thing all together?

Nose and chin surgery

Based on your photos it appears that chin augmentation by means of sliding genioplasty or implant with nose surgery is your option for facial balance improvement. These two procedures should be done in the same time.

You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in chin and nose surgery and discuss your goals and options. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Genioplasty

Rhinoplasty and genioplasty are very interrelated and the combination is very powerful. Your profile can be improved significantly with these 2 procedures. While there are thick implants to bring your chin forward enough the best operation for you would be a sliding genioplasty. You may wish to consult a plastic surgeon who has experience with both of these operations. Yes, a slightly longer and more projected nose would serve your face better as long as it is done with the genioplasty. An independent procedure will not be as favorable since if you undergo chin advancement alone it is going to make your nose look shorter and less projected and if you undergo rhinoplasty alone is it going to make your chin look more receding.

Good Luck

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Jaw

I believe your jaw is too small and require to have lower jaw advancement. This would fix the problem in your neck and chin and give better overall harmony.

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin implant and rhinoplasty in combination

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening the crooked nose and reducing the amount of alar retraction. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin. They can be inserted under general anesthesia with the rhinoplasty combination, or under local anesthesia as a standalone procedure. We use Implantech silastic chin implants for over 25 years with an excellence success rate. For more information, diagrams of the implants themselves , and many rhinoplasty/chin implant before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Chin and Nose

Your chin is horizontally very short. You are better off doing a sliding genioplasty which will bring it forward, vertically lengthen it and also keep the chin fairly narrow in the front view. (implants will make it appear wider in the front view) Your nose concerns are addressed by building up the bridge and adding increased projection to the tip. You also have alar rim retraction which needs alar rim grafts. Both the rhinoplasty and chin procedures can be done at the same time.

Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty (Septoplasty?) in Combination?

Hi, I have performed many Rhinoplasty Surgeries and many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is very weak, the nose has a slight C-shape with and over-rotated nasal tip.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.