Is this what you mean by "drop and fluff"? (photos)

I'm just wondering if this is what people refer to when they say the implant needs to "drop and fluff". Right after surgery they were perfectly symmetrical and full but since the 2nd day, my right implant raised up and has been high. I feel like my implant is high and my actual boob is sagging off the end of it. I feel like it now looks elongated, flat, and saggy. I know it takes a while for them to heal, but just want to make sure everything is on its way to healing correctly.

Is this what you mean by drop and fluff?

First of all thank you for the question and pictures.  It takes time for the swelling to diminish, the muscles relax and the implants settle into the pocket. Both sides may relax and settle at different times.  It can take 2-4 weeks on an average for the implants to settle into the pocket.  I would suggest that you talk and with your surgeon, he/she will be able to instruct you on breast exercises that help the implants settle into the pocket and re assure you that your healing is on track.  Once they do settle into the pocket, you will notice the bottom portion fill out.  Best of Luck.  

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implant Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question. Yes, over the first few days after surgery it is normal to experience an increase in swelling and upper fullness where the pectoral muscle is swollen and implant volume displaced. As your breast tissue gradually expands and softens, the implants will drop down and round out the lower poles of the breasts. Sometimes they settle at different rates. This process could take between 2-6 months.I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon if you note concerning changes.
All the best

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question.Drop and fluff refers to the implant dropping & settling into the pocket created. It can take between 2 and 4 weeks for this to happen and for the swelling to subside. Any questions or concerns contact your surgeon. Best of luck!

Drop and fluff

This is a term used by patients. It is not a medical term. I think what they mean is the time when the implants settle into the pocket.

Is this what you mean by "drop and fluff"?

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery.  The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other. In my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. 
Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance/predictions. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Drop and fluff

"Drop and fluff" is referring to letting the swelling subside, the tissues relax, and the implants settle down in place. Implants placed behind the muscle tend to sit a little high and tight in the beginning as the muscle is tight and pushes the implant high. Your doctor can check you and show you exercises to help the implants settle down into place. Once settled, the bottom portion of your breast won't look so empty and saggy.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon