Two days after Juvederm, I think my lips look the same? (Photo)

I got juviderm only 0.5 in top lip , only swelled a tiny bit no bruising or anything but two days later I think they look back to how they were before? Are they going to further reduce in size because it s only been two days?

Juvederm in Lip

I think it is a little early to assess your results. It will take 1-2 weeks for the swelling to go down and to see your final results.  If you are unhappy with results after 2 weeks you can always have more Juvederm injected. Always consult with an expert.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Lip size after Juvederm

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, you can have more product placed. 0.5 cc is s very small amount -- about 1/10 of a teaspoon! To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler in lip

If you are unhappy with the volume at two days after the procedure, then perhaps you need more. I would still wait about a week or so to allow for all swelling to subside.

Small amount

Thanks for the question and photos. Typically the result of using a small amount of filler is under-whelming, From the photos, I think your lips look "perkier" in the after photo but not larger, which is exactly what I would expect from the small amount used.  This is what some people want from lip filler, however, if you want larger lips, you will need to use more filler.  I hope this helps!

Dr. Quenby Erickson

O.5 cc injected into lips

This is a small amount and is often hard to see results. I almost always inject a full cc into lips. Discuss with your doctor and come up with a game plan. Look at before and after photos from the office.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm in Lip

It sounds as if you had some initial swelling which is now dissipating from the injection.  You will probably need to return to your treating physician for more product for a fuller result.  Best, Dr. Green

Two days after Juvederm, I think my lips look the same?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your lip augmentation.  It appears that your lips have gotten bigger after treatment but largely as a result of filling out the upper lip's tissue laxity.  They will shrink in size a little over the next several days but at two weeks use your remaining 0.5cc of JVD for a more noticeable increase in upper lip size.  Hope this helps.