How could I achieve a thinner nose and what would my possible outcome look like? (Photos)

narrow my nostrils and define my face for a softer look . I want to give my face the thinner appearance rather than such a chubby appearance

Narrower nostrils and face?

I would not recommend narrowing your nostrils without narrowing the nasal tip also, as it might otherwise make the tip appear bigger. As far as creating more definition in the face, you could consider injectable fillers for the cheekbone area. 

Hope that helps and best wishes, 

Dr. Donath 

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thanks for the question. After seeing your photos i totally agree that you are going to be benefited with a rhinoplasty and will have excellent results. Through this procedure we make small changes that makes huge difference. I recommend you an experience board certificate surgeon. Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

How could I achieve a thinner nose?

Digital computer imaging performed at the time of the consultation can accomplish giving you an idea what your new nose would look like on your facial features. The bridge line can be narrowed, the tip narrowed and nostrils narrowed within an alar-plasty. For more information  and many examples,  please see the  link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from an alar based reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thinner Nose

Every nose can be narrowed along the the bridge, the tip and the nostril areas. You need to consult a surgeon who has experience with African-American nose surgery.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing the nose

Thank you for your question. I do believe that you would benefit from narrowing the nose beginning with the bones and with the cartilage of the tip of the nose and finally with the base of the nose. This is a challenging surgery That should only be performed by the most qualified of specialist. The art of rhinoplasty is that the nose balance with the remainder of the face and you not look like you had surgery. I hope this helps. Please consult with a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Roberto E. Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon